Deer Trophies

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
I was surprised how brown the fur was. Down in McCurtain County in Three Rivers WMA the deer are normally greyish. Heck of a hunting story actually. Some locals where running dogs (illegally) and basically gave me a play by play on where this big dude was running.

dennishoddy

I have a friend in Antlers.
He says the dog running in that area is the reason we can't get blood tracking dogs in the rest of the state.

The SE part of the state needs a whole lot more enforcement of the rules.

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
No argument there. Poaching is real bad down there and people will admit to it. I go to relax and hunt but past couple of seasons the only time I don't have a gun strapped to my body is win I am sleeping.

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
Without that broken brow tine I am pretty sure it would be a Boone and Crockett class buck. Still thinking about having it scored when I get it back from Skulls Unlimited.

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
My two archery bucks in 2014. After all the years I have hunted I finally overcame the bow-buck jinx. Score? Maybe 180. The sum of both.
Not monsters, but I am satisfied and relieved. Both very young deer with sharp molars and 100 and 110 lbs (left to right).

(Yes this is a horrible picture and I am ashamed to present it because it has everything disgusting about it in a horrible photo of game. It does not honor the animals. But its just for the bragging board and to share in my achievment this year.)

pre_1418141779__2_bucks.jpg

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
dennishoddy said:
Nice chocolate racks, nothing broken. That's the best part of taking an early archery buck.

congrats!
The deer (L to R) taken on Nov. 8 and Dec. 6. These guys were too small to fight the big buck on the farm, who was also probably their sire.

Latest posts