deep river customs

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
while looking for a 1911 build course a year or so ago, I ran across Deep River Customs of North Carolina and Florida. I have been working with Hugh Keith ever since I saw an awesome 1911( full sized government . 45 acp)listed on his website
. It has a cone barrel, the BEST trigger of any gun I own and is blued stainless. It was such an impressive piece that I bought another soon after trying the first.I cannot believe these are blued stainless guns. The look is just beautiful.

The workmanship is top grade and the gun is extremely accurate. Anyone who tries it is very impressed with the craftsmanship and the accuracy and of course that trigger(light and smooth).By far my favorite 1911s to shoot these days.

Their CS is top notch as well. Always get an answer to any ? in less than a day. ZERO issues with eithe r of my 2 gems so far.

just wanted to share my happiness with this great shop and the guy who make s it happen. Someday, I believe I will take their 1911 build course. Looking forward to meeting Hugh in person and talking 1911s with him ( helps that it is close to my home in CT--courses are usually in NC)

Attachments

• DSC_0077.JPG
    6.6 MB · Views: 53
  • DSC_0078.JPG
    6.5 MB · Views: 46

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Nice looking gun. I like the front sight, I would guess much harder to break the fiber optic rod.

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Was going to ask how the 9mm guns have been treating you

fixed 2 extractors. no more shells in the face :)

newest struggle is the fact that I am basically gripping guns with the right middle finger as finger 4 and 5 have almost zero power. it is a real challenge to hit poa-poi. I figure that I have about 70% function compared to pre injury /surgery. that is my new reality. I do my exercises anyway hoping to improve the function and power but I think this is where I will be for life

Last edited:

TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot

Well-Known Fanatic
Hey Doc here's hoping you gradually make some progress on that grip. Those itty-bitty muscles are a bear to rehab. Annie still has the grip of a newborn in her left hand six months post-repair on her broken wrist.

But this post is because there's a guy from Deep River Customs in the gunsmithing class I'm in. Nice guy. I think he's fairly new there but says it's a really good company.

I do like the looks of that gun. Congrats on that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Hey Doc here's hoping you gradually make some progress on that grip. Those itty-bitty muscles are a bear to rehab. Annie still has the grip of a newborn in her left hand six months post-repair on her broken wrist.

But this post is because there's a guy from Deep River Customs in the gunsmithing class I'm in. Nice guy. I think he's fairly new there but says it's a really good company.

I do like the looks of that gun. Congrats on that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TWF
Thanks for the well wishes. NOW I have learned to appreciate being able to shoot at all. Sure miss the days when I had 2 normal hands though. I am working out the hand as tolerated and shooting as Best I can. shooting still make s me happy.
I know what Annie faces and wish her the best. we are on the same healing course and time . I wish the best to You too of course,

Tell Annie not to give up. Squeeze latex foam pillows to help her increase grip strength. It works great as do semi soft compressible balls( toys)

if you have time , discuss ( the the deep river gs) their cone barrels. they are very unique I believe.

enjoy that class. Wish I was there too. Knowledge is king :)

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
while looking for a 1911 build course a year or so ago, I ran across Deep River Customs of North Carolina and Florida. I have been working with Hugh Keith ever since I saw an awesome 1911( full sized government . 45 acp)listed on his website
. It has a cone barrel, the BEST trigger of any gun I own and is blued stainless. It was such an impressive piece that I bought another soon after trying the first.I cannot believe these are blued stainless guns. The look is just beautiful.

The workmanship is top grade and the gun is extremely accurate. Anyone who tries it is very impressed with the craftsmanship and the accuracy and of course that trigger(light and smooth).By far my favorite 1911s to shoot these days.

Their CS is top notch as well. Always get an answer to any ? in less than a day. ZERO issues with eithe r of my 2 gems so far.

just wanted to share my happiness with this great shop and the guy who make s it happen. Someday, I believe I will take their 1911 build course. Looking forward to meeting Hugh in person and talking 1911s with him ( helps that it is close to my home in CT--courses are usually in NC)
Those are great looking grips, do you know who made them?

Latest posts