Danish Open Rifle 2014

slemmo

Well-Known Fanatic
Stage 4. A couple small ****ups, came in 7th on this stage. 12th overall for the match. Had a loose primer in the trigger mechanism that ruined two stages for me.
This stage was one shot each target, which is not very common.
Two reduced paper targets and 5 mini poppers at 160 yards that had to be shot through the wall.

This is a very nice match with people from all over europe, 127 competitors from 12 countries in open division this year.

One of the guys on the squad tore his achilles tendon on this stage just before I was shooting it :eek:
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reuZJ08B82U[/media]

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Dang that's a lot of open shooters. Is open the prominent division in Europe or is tactical?

slemmo

Well-Known Fanatic
In europe there's only ipsc, and in ipsc there's only open and standard, standard is more common in eastern europe, in Norway it's almost dead.
A lot of us want a tactical/non magnified RD division to make it cheaper for new shooters wanting to get in, but ipsc is slow to turn around so for the foreseeable future you either shoot iron sights or open.

slemmo

Well-Known Fanatic
Yep, and when you're open you have to pour tons of money into the rifle to be competitive, which is why an inbetween division would be a nice thing.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
For sure! Open is fun but expensive. That why USPSA or 3-gun's tactical division is the most popular here. Most sane guys like to use a scope so they can see what they are shooting at. It's the biggest advantage on a rifle IMHO.

Latest posts