Daniel Defense DDM4 supressed SBR in 300AAC

mtnman1

Well-Known Fanatic
Does anyone own or have shot one of these gems? I'm completely fascinated and a little infatuated with these but I'm looking for a little feedback before pulling the trigger on the $3,200 price tag. Thanks in advance. Cheers.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Jesus! For $3200 it should come with a few cases of ammo. What's so special about it other than it says DD on it?

mtnman1

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
Jesus! For $3200 it should come with a few cases of ammo. What's so special about it other than it says DD on it?
The suppressor is pinned and welded alleviating the tax stamp for the SBR, it brings the barrel to 16.1 inches. The suppressor is the only thing that needs to be registered.

mtnman1

Well-Known Fanatic
And it's chambered in 300 BO which I'm sure they've driven the price up on it since it still seems to be considered a bit of a novelty round.

MrTheBigOx

Well-Known Fanatic
I couldn't think of anything worse than a pinned suppressor it will destroy the barrel because of the inability to clean it properly I don't even store guns with suppressors on them Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
WillR said:
I would get a suppressor that can be removed and pay the SBR stamp. That way you can use the suppressor on other stuff.
Do this. You'll regret having that suppressor pinned to just one item.
Everybody needs an SBR anyway.

mtnman1

Well-Known Fanatic
MrTheBigOx said:
I couldn't think of anything worse than a pinned suppressor it will destroy the barrel because of the inability to clean it properly I don't even stir guns with suppressors on them Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was worried about that too but this rifle has a removable baffle so it can be cleaned.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
mtnman1 said:
The suppressor is pinned and welded alleviating the tax stamp for the SBR, it brings the barrel to 16.1 inches. The suppressor is the only thing that needs to be registered.
Ah the added cost of a can explains a lot.

mtnman1

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
Ah the added cost of a can explains a lot.
Ya, if I was on my toes I would have clarified that. I'm slippin'.
Matt Rigsby said:
You can use a 9mm can for 300 blk. 9mm cans can cost hundreds less than a 30 cal can. Just a thought.
iinnteresting... I never put the thought into it to equate the two round sizes. I just thought pistol round, rifle round. I never would have never thought of that..

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Just don't run hot rounds through it and you'll be fine. Using hot rounds in a suppressor makes it louder anyways.

mtnman1

Well-Known Fanatic
running super would just about defeat the purpose of the suppressor anyhow wouldn't it? And is the reason it's not good to put super sonics through a suppressor because of the amount of gas?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
mtnman1 said:
I never put the thought into it to equate the two round sizes. I just thought pistol round, rifle round. I never would have never thought of that..
300 BO/300 whisper rounds are low pressure.
Don't use a pistol rated suppressor on any other rifle cartridge without verifying the pressures first.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
mtnman1 said:
running super would just about defeat the purpose of the suppressor anyhow wouldn't it? And is the reason it's not good to put super sonics through a suppressor because of the amount of gas?
not really, you can use a suppressor for making your rifle ear safe

SheepDogK-10

Fanatic
WillR said:
I would get a suppressor that can be removed and pay the SBR stamp. That way you can use the suppressor on other stuff.
I agree. I have an AAC 300 BO SBR paid $900 for it and then I was able to get an AAC 7.62 SDN can for $900 two stamps $400. So $2200 total and I can put the can on My .308 any other gun for that matter with the purchase of additional AAC mounts.

Latest posts