Dang, its hard to find good friends these days...

David2U

Active Fanatic
A guy in Missouri found out the hard way his friend wasn't as good a friend as he thought. This idiot phoned a friend for help.. saying he was having car trouble, and that there is a body in the trunk. Even sent a photo of the body. We really need to vacuum the gene pool more often. No indication in the linked news story if the friend contacted the police or not.. but at this time does not appear to have helped the guy.

The poor public defender that gets this case sure won't have anything to work with to help his client.. especially not with his client sending a photo of the body to someone and the car in question belonging to the murder victim.

http://kfor.com/2015/08/29/i-am-having-car-trouble-and-i-have-a-body-in-the-trunk-missouri-man-facing-murder-charges/

‘I am having car trouble and I have a body in the trunk’ â€" Missouri man facing murder charges
Posted 2:16 pm, August 29, 2015, by CNN Wire, Updated at 02:17pm, August 29, 2015

KFVS12 News

BUTLER COUNTY, MO â€" When you’re having trouble and you have a body in your trunk in rural Missouri, you apparently use a lifeline and phone a friend- at least if you’re Edward Weaver.

In an affidavit to support murder charges against Weaver, Sgt. Jeff Johnson of the Missouri Highway Patrol wrote that a Butler County Sheriff’s deputy found a car Thursday belonging to the victim on a county road, with the body of Norman Jones in the trunk. Jones’s limbs were bound and there was an apparent ligature mark around his neck. His wife had reported him missing the day before, saying she had last seen him on August 22nd.

Through witness statements, investigators determined Edward Weaver believed Jones had stolen pills from him. Trooper Johnson said Weaver sent a text message with a picture of the victim in the trunk to another man that read, “I am having car trouble and I have a body in the trunk.” Weaver claimed to have recently obtained the vehicle and told the man he needed help and friends need to be loyal.

eddie-weaver-source-butler-county-sheriffs-office.jpg
amber-mcdannald-is-a-person-of-interest-in-the-case-source-poplar-bluff-pd.jpg

scubor2

S.L.C.G.A.
Pffft, the idiot, why put it in a car trunk when you car throw him in the back of a pickup with the tail gate down so the blood and or bodily fluids drain out.

wgm2011

Well-Known Fanatic
Nowhere did it say he murdered the man. The car was obviously having car trouble and there is a possibility the deceased was an auto mechanic.

As for being bound and placed in the trunk, I'm no auto mechanic so I can't honestly say this is not one of the accepted methods for troubleshooting some of our modern cars.

Sounds like a tragic accident.

Bill

Latest posts