Dang It! Ruger

SGW Gunsmith

Well-Known Fanatic
Seems that Ruger will no longer be stocking many of the parts for the Ruger Mark II & III pistols going forward. I try to stock as many as I can get my grip grabbers on, but once Ruger runs out of stock, it looks like owners will be SOL, for some parts.
Case in point. The 22/45 and Ruger Mark III 22/45 sear springs. No longer available from Ruger, and, several of the others who did once stock these parts, no longer have any. I even sent an email to the CEO off the ruger.com site to see if he would disclose the maker of those springs so I could order some. I hear nothing but crickets chirping. I asked him that what's a Ruger Mark III pistol owner to do if his current sear spring takes a "dump" and no longer has the ooommph to set the sear to the hammer notch, or for some reason that spring goes to one of those places where springs go, never to be seen again. Why would Ruger allow a nice pistol like that become a "paperweight" as its only purpose?

dennishoddy

That's a shame Ruger is going the direction of today's electronics that cannot be repaired and are designed to be thrown away when they fail.
With millions of pistols out there one would think Wulff or someone would pick up that production.

SGW Gunsmith

Well-Known Fanatic
That's a shame Ruger is going the direction of today's electronics that cannot be repaired and are designed to be thrown away when they fail.
With millions of pistols out there one would think Wulff or someone would pick up that production.
That's what I'm sorta hoping for. None of the firearms manufacturers I've dealt with make springs. It's been my experience that, like you say, others do that work much better, so I hope they do take up the charge.

SGW Gunsmith

Well-Known Fanatic
Don't know if my note to the CEO actually worked, but just the other day I've seen 22/45 & Ruger Mark III 22/45 sear springs start showing up at some of the distributors that I was receiving those from. OK, I'm happy now. ;)

Grant

Well-Known Fanatic
My Ruger 22/45 was such a piece of junk when I bought it there's hardly any Ruger left to it after replacing everything.

dennishoddy

At a match a few years ago, I acquired a Nordic stock to replace the factory issued one so it would look tacticool.
Finally got around to buying a rifle to fit the stock, and took it to a steel challenge match last weekend.
It was embarrassing with how many FTE, and stovepipes it got.
To be fair, the stainless model should have been broken in before taking to the match but with the ammo shortage, decided to break it in during the match. It never got any better after 175 rounds or so.
The Ruger stock 10 round mags were total failures.
Had better luck with the 15 and 20 round mags, but not much.
It will NEVER see another SC match until it runs 100% like my Nordic upper on the AR platform.