Dan Wesson ECO 45 Recoil

tomrkba

Well-Known Fanatic
I have an ECO in 9mm. The gun is great and I have been contemplating getting an ECO in 45. How hard does it recoil? How is reliability?

JCGRocky

New Fanatic
Great pistol: slim, lightweight, easy to handle, accurate, reliable. Hard recoil is a relative term. .45 vs 9mm: you'll have to fire them both.

HB Rider

Active Fanatic
I have both. The ECO .45 was my daily carry for quite a while. The recoil is typical of the breed - a little stronger than an aluminum Commander, but no worse than a Kimber Ultra. Having said that, my EDC for almost a year now is the ECO 9mm. The older I get (I've been collecting Social Security for several years) the more I prefer to shoot 9mm. The .45 has never let me down with any ammo or any magazine, but the 9mm seems to be somewhat magazine-sensitive with Federal 124gr HST rounds. As long as I run Wilson mags, the 9mm runs 100% with the HST and it will run 100% with any mag when I use FMJ ammo.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Had 2 9mm 1911's in my past both were Springfields had issues with both and sold them still have 6 19911's all in 45, shot 1 yesterday best shooting pistols I own, yesterday was my WC CQB 100% as always with any ammo.

I have an ECO in 9mm. The gun is great and I have been contemplating getting an ECO in 45. How hard does it recoil? How is reliability?
I love my ECO .45. I carry it more than any other pistol in my collection. It does recoil, but I don't feel it any more than I do with a lightweight commander-size 1911. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again!

KHFrench

Fanatic
It will recoil enough to break your wrist - this comment is based upon your individual ability to shoot, but you may need to do some bench presses or biceps curls to get in shape for such a monstrous of a gun . . .

Grouchy

Fanatic
Arthritis has made me sensitive to recoil with 45 ACP in LW frames. I was about to sell a Ruger LW Commander and a Colt CCO when a friend gave me some Inceptor ammunition with the ARX bullet. That has reduced the felt recoil to a tolerable level such that I can now carry either LW pistol. Try Intercept or similar, low bullet weight, super high velocity. You will be surprised!

Latest posts