Dan Wesson Dan Wesson CCO

Sneaky One

Well-Known Fanatic
This is my only DW. CCO in .45 acp. This gun has been 100% without a hiccup. Shoots better than I do. The fit and finish on this gun is first rate. I am a fan of Duty Treat. I only replaced the grips as the shadows looked great but I wanted more purchase. I put the VZ ETC grips on based on advice from our friend Bender. They made it perfect. Been carried quite a bit and shows no wear whatsoever. An excellent value. I am not a huge CCO fan but love this one.
bj3U6t6.jpg

Sneaky One

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm sure you don't remember Bender but you are the one that suggested the ETC grips to me for carry. Love em.

quantico

Active Fanatic
i had that option a few years ago and liked the CCO , but decided to get a bobtail commander in duty kote instead. i think i made a bad decision. i like the dan wesson product line for quality vs cost.

i also bought a rock island commander size in ten mm and it sure is not a dan wesson in terms of fit or finish or parts quality, but not a bad value. i went for it because i could find no other ten mm 1911's in a commander size. that is still an awesome caliber and size combined in my opinion

quantico

Active Fanatic
i have a lot of love for ten mm. i prefer it in a 4.25 inch 1911 best. it also works in a glock 20 . 15 plus one in a large frame auto is a lot of power in a reliable low maintainance package.

i don't have interest in handgun hunting, so a six inch version is not my thing.

my colt delta elites are excellent but heavy, they are a great alternative in a hard hitting and super accurate caliber. i load 200 grain nosler target hp bullets that are high quality and balanced perfectly. i use 8.8 grains of power pistol for powder and CCI large pistol primers . the load has muzzle flash , but is super accurate , at least in my guns and hands.

dakota1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Back in 2011 I found a used DW Classic in 10mm. It is an all steel pistol. I don't carry it but the bobbed grip would make that very doable. It is an interesting pistol.

Latest posts