cz pistol for 3gun?

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
It'll definitely get you going in the matches so come on out with it.
I'm not sure about magwells, but the one for the Tac-Sport may work.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
You can add a magwell and extended base pads it's pretty much 3-gun ready.

The safety is slower on/off then a 2011 as is the ease of racking the slide due to its low profile. My SA trigger is a little lighter than my infinity 2011's and a lot lighter then a stock STI edge.

I'm surprised more folks don't use them. I paid $16-1700 for my Automatic Accuracy gun with mags and that's a few hundred less then anew stock edge.

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
Forgot about that. The safeties are pretty much useless on a Shadow. You can add a more powerful spring or reshape the detent but the safety will swipe off way too easily. I wouldn't dump one with the safety on and trust it to stay on.

They are really nice guns. Accurate, reliable, and parts are plentiful.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
technetium-99m said:
Forgot about that. The safeties are pretty much useless on a Shadow. You can add a more powerful spring or reshape the detent but the safety will swipe off way too easily. I wouldn't dump one with the safety on and trust it to stay on.
They are really nice guns. Accurate, reliable, and parts are plentiful.
I think the safe play and maybe fastest way is to drop mag and rack out round. I have an "oversized" safety on mine and I can't get it back in very fast.

gondo

Well-Known Fanatic
cz pistols (especially the tactical sport) are catching on really fast at the clubs i shoot at, to be honest the ones I have shot are pretty sick for ~1200 and a few hundred to completely trick out, the trigger is ridiculous and the mags seem to be completely reliable and hold 23 i think, also the barrel sits super low and there is a lot of weight out front, i am seriously debating getting one of these ugly things

Rob said:
Just the slide stops
does this shut you down for the day or what?

gondo

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
You can add a magwell and extended base pads it's pretty much 3-gun ready.

The safety is slower on/off then a 2011 as is the ease of racking the slide due to its low profile. My SA trigger is a little lighter than my infinity 2011's and a lot lighter then a stock STI edge.

I'm surprised more folks don't use them. I paid $16-1700 for my Automatic Accuracy gun with mags and that's a few hundred less then anew stock edge.
you have any interest in selling?

Stonetoad

Well-Known Fanatic
Mike Cyrus said my CZ was "sharp looking" . I have only went to one match and took my CZ CTS with the full cz custom shop work done. It's basically highly modded Tactical Sport. I'd like to see Jesse,Mike,Matt, and few of these other guys run it see what the pros really think. I love the oversized safety allows me to roll it on and off with my thumb. I don't need take my thumb off the safe It fits my grip maturely. The Short reset trigger with flat trigger make huge difference compared to stock cz. Not a pro by any means , but love the CZ guns.

top guys are already killing it with the cz's.
I like my plastic guns for three gun. throw em in the bag and roll.

Rob1

Well-Known Fanatic
Depends if you have a spare (which you should). I have a brand new SP01 Shadow for sale if your interested

Jeremybj

Fanatic
I was at an IPSC match this last weekend. A guy shooting a shadow took first place. I fingered the gun a little, sweetest double action ever, the single stage was nice too. I don't know if I will ever buy one, but they seem to be very very nice.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
The CZ double-action pull is noticeably superior to the Tanfo. But skill is what matters.