CZ 455 Varmint

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
I had been wanting an accurate .22 LR bolt gun for a while. I decided on a CZ 455 Varmint and Tony was able to get one for me. I put a Nikon Buckmasters 6-18x40 on it today and took it out to play. Took a few shots to get it close but I didn't really zero it until I play around with ammo some and decide which cartridge I want to zero it with. I set up a target and paced off about 50 or so yards and shot several different kinds of ammo. I don't have a bench rest or anything, just a bag I made. I set it on the hood of my truck and leaned on it to try to steady myself the best I could. I was pretty pleased with the groups considering I don't have much experience with precision shooting and I was leaning on my truck to shoot. The trigger on the 455 is adjustable and I adjusted the nut down for a little less spring pressure. The trigger is very nice and won't need any work on it. I don't have a trigger pull gauge but the pull is pretty light and smooth. If you're looking for a .22 LR bolt gun, I'm pretty pleased with this one. I imagine if I were a better shot and/or had a better rest the groups would have been quite a bit smaller.

Those squirrels better watch out this winter!

Here she is!

img0237tu.jpg

This group was shot with Federal AutoMatch.

img0234xn.jpg

This group was shot with Winchester M-22.

img0235jm.jpg

Latest posts