Custom ear protection

onwmed

Founding Member
Hey guys, I've been in California for the last few months and I'm finally back home and available for those interested in getting some custom plugs.
I'll be at the heartland match next Sunday and I'll have all of my gear.

onwmed

Founding Member
Sounds good. What is your pricing? Special discount for match shooters?

The featherweight silicone custom plugs are normally $65, but for boomer shooter members the price is $50 and I'll work something out on accessories as well.....filters, lanyards etc.
These custom plugs can also be used as a mold so that in the future they can be used to make other types of plugs that would be sent to our custom lab in Boulder.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I had Scott make me a pair a few weeks ago and I used them for the first time at a match this weekend. I will admit I wasn't too sure about them at first because I could get those little crappers to go in my ear. I worked and practiced and finally got it figured out (I am kind of slow).

I don't know what the "official" suppression factor is but I used to use ear plugs AND a good set of ear muffs. The sound suppression with Scott's custom ear plugs is at least as good if not better than this "double plug" method. Plus it is much more comfortable.

He was also super nice and let me come to his house and fit my earplugs in about 1 hour (max).

Thanks Scott.

Burk

Bk2X

Well-Known Fanatic
Is Scott still around to do these? If not, any other options currently?

Deathtrap

Semi-Pro/Beep that SH!T
I got a hold of him one day. He said he would call me back in 5 minutes and never heard for him again

Clucky C

9mm
Al Shackelford 324.7204 or 833.1648

He made mine & I am 100% satisfied with them.

Bentsight

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm still using a pair that Al made me 5 years ago up here at a silhouette match. I use them in both indoor and outdoor ranges, very comfortable and great hearing protection.
Mike

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Ok I have been trying to get ahold of Al and nothing, anyone know if he's around? I'd sure like to get some since those plugs are getting old the more I'm shooting and just can't stand the muffs. Later,

Kirk

Latest posts