Crossbreed Supertuck

aestus

Well-Known Fanatic
The trick to the crossbreed holsters both combat and non-combat cut is to not jam your thumb between the leather and gun. Instead, run your thumb between your body and the leather. You get a fuller grip and it doesn't detract from the removal of the gun from the holster. The leather even wraps outwards around the back of the slide on my crossbreed and I love it that way. It adds a little bit of extra retention, allows me to grip the gun with my thumb between my body and leather even easier and doesn't impede the removal of the gun.

Danny Tanner

Well-Known Fanatic
I had my first warm weather experience with my Crossbreed last weekend at the zoo and boy was it hot and sweaty on my right hip. I have the cowhide. I wouldn't imagine immunity from heat and sweat with horsehide, but I do wish I had one. Anything would help.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I had my first warm weather experience with my Crossbreed last weekend at the zoo and boy was it hot and sweaty on my right hip. I have the cowhide. I wouldn't imagine immunity from heat and sweat with horsehide, but I do wish I had one. Anything would help.

Danny, I agree 100%. I don't think, however, the horsehide will make a difference, it might just be better for absorbing (or not absorbing) the sweat that is going to be there no matter what.

I picked up the "holster to end all holster searches" last night and carried it through the Carry Gun Match at Heartland. Keep an eye open for a review soon.

Hint: Its all Kydex IWB

BC

taymoor

Skilled Lover
Danny, I agree 100%. I don't think, however, the horsehide will make a difference, it might just be better for absorbing (or not absorbing) the sweat that is going to be there no matter what.

I picked up the "holster to end all holster searches" last night and carried it through the Carry Gun Match at Heartland. Keep an eye open for a review soon.

BC

My end-all holster is the ****. We should have gotten a picture of us both wearing them while high-fiving

Podman

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm 5'8". Do you think I could carry a 1911 Gov comfortably with this holster? Anybody?

I carry a Colt .45 Government in mine and it is very comfortable. The .45 is a pretty flat gun and conceals better than most. But since the
.45 is all metal and fairly heavy be sure and use a good strong belt with it.

Danny Tanner

Well-Known Fanatic

BC

I did come to one conclusion that day at the zoo -- no matter how concealable my setup is, I really need a pocket pistol.

keyser328

Fanatic
I currently use a hybrid "cross breed" style holster of my own make and I like it quite a bit. I need to make a new back piece for it to spread the clips a bit more, but even as it is, it still works wonderfully. I decided to craft my own because of cost, and because all of the pre-made models out there leave the tip of the gun uncovered. I've fashioned mine to wrap the end of the barrel on my 9c, and it works very well to lower the wear on my pants, as well as lessen any printing possibility.

I've been wearing it daily for a few months now, even when I'm at work and the pistol has to say in the car.