Cracked 2011 slide....

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
Looks like the slide on my open pistol is cracked. I need a little advice at this point.

Is something like this repairable? Can anyone recommend someone for work like this if it is repairable? If none of that is an option can anyone recommend a good place to get a new slide built?

Thanks in advance,
Rusty.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Mike doesn't accept bribes or coercion to work on open guns. At least not any that I've thought of yet.

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
Ok.... it look like I'm going to have a new slide built so now I need some help finding a specific slide for this rebuild so the gunsmith can get going.

I need a Caspian 9mm, 5", unique slide in carbon steel (not stainless). No serrations or sight cuts.

I looked everywhere I know to look so now I need some help. Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
Kevin Toothman built the gun originally. It took me a little bit to get in contact with him, but he is going to take care of things for me. I just need it find the slide for him to get started on. Tony pointed out that I can order it from Caspian pretty much any way I want it, so I'll be talking to them tomorrow.

Thanks for all the help.

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
Got the slide ordered from Caspian this afternoon. Super easy to deal with guys. I talked to Gary and he was very helpful. Hopefully the wait won't be too long...

Thanks again to everyone for all of the help on this!

Latest posts