CQB Commander Range Time

apipeguy

Well-Known Fanatic
No actual range section, so just posting here. Hope it is alright.

Took my Wilson CQB Commander in 9mm to the range today. Ran through 300 rounds of my range reloads and also shot some HST's to compare 124's to the 147's. Have up til now just carried 124's but I like the 147's. Just a touch more recoil and more of a push sensation, not snappy at all. Will most likely transition to the 147's for carry.

Shot some, but not all from concealment. Used my Milt Sparks Criterion as it is one of my two carry holsters. It's either a Criterion or a 55BN for all my guns.

Shot multiple targets and drills. Bill drill, 1-5 Drill, single draw and fire one, two to the body and one to the head, etc. The range as always during the week was nice and quiet.

Used to shoot a lot of steel (AB & C zone silhouettes) but lately I've been shooting mainly IDPA cardboard and find it easier to track where my shots are hitting.

As always, a good day at the range. May just go back tomorrow.

2F6A61DD-F897-4E10-8006-2B329336514D.jpeg

P J

New Fanatic
Looks like fun. Still have yet to own or even fire a 1911 in 9mm.

apipeguy

Well-Known Fanatic
Looks like fun. Still have yet to own or even fire a 1911 in 9mm.

A few years ago I would have laughed at the thought of getting a 9mm. I will never get rid of my .45's but as you get older and arthritis sets in a 9mm is very nice to shoot. If you don't reload, a lot less expensive. I reload but still enjoy the 9.

apipeguy

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks, just got back as I went to the range again today and shot another 200 rounds through it. Was planning on shooting another 300 total but the range was getting somewhat busy which is very odd for a Friday morning.

There was a group of five ladies there shooting when I got there, they were all in their 60's. Very unique and a great group to see at the range.

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Good shooting! I love my 1911 in 9mm. Keeping the 45 around, but the 9 is sweet.

Dwe

Well-Known Fanatic
I see you haven't lost your mojo!
Nice Shooting!

Was a time where I thought I would never own a 1911 9mm.
Now am older and have 4 of them.
How times change when you get old!

Latest posts