Cowboy Action Shooting in Belton

Crunchy Frog

Well-Known Fanatic
Blowing the dust off of this thread. Last month's match in Belton was rained out so I'm looking forward to the September match this Saturday.

Crunchy Frog

Well-Known Fanatic
We had a good match on Saturday. 25 shooters, I believe, which means we have plenty of room for more.

Crunchy Frog

Well-Known Fanatic
OK if the forum is gearing up again I will remind everyone that the Belton Bushwhackers' monthly cowboy action match is the 2nd Saturday of the month which means that the March match is coming up this Saturday March 10.

Slippery Stew is the match director this year; I think we can look forward to some good matches.

Crunchy Frog

Well-Known Fanatic
I've seen more activity on the forum lately so I'll refresh this thread.

Tomorrow is the 2nd Saturday so it's time for the monthly cowboy action match with the Belton Bushwhackers. Weather looks just about perfect and I'm expecting a couple of first time shooters.

No charge to come watch and to talk about guns with other enthusiasts. Eyes and ears required.

www.beltonbushwhackers.com

Crunchy Frog

Well-Known Fanatic
The Belton Gun Club has built new shooting bays near the shotgun fields. They are covered with fresh gravel and should do a good job draining rainwater. Last Saturday was the first cowboy match in the new bays and it went well. The club uses these bays for other disciplines like IDPA, Steel Challenge and PCC so they should get a lot of use.

It rained on Friday and the forecast for Saturday was iffy so we had a smaller than usual crowd but there were two "prospective new shooters" who came to watch but we outfitted them to try shooting a stage. That's how we roll.

Hopefully the photos of the new bays will post.

Attachments

• 70377948-9FB4-4454-8691-37062E859DE0.jpeg
    70377948-9FB4-4454-8691-37062E859DE0.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • A152852F-694B-455F-8D90-59D325BF0705.jpeg
    A152852F-694B-455F-8D90-59D325BF0705.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 4
  • 235BAB33-9E4C-4E80-A79E-94F987591F4D.jpeg
    235BAB33-9E4C-4E80-A79E-94F987591F4D.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 4

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
man, I am going to have to take a trip down to this range soon enough.

Crunchy Frog

Well-Known Fanatic
Now that we've had a taste of good weather I expect a good turnout at the match on Saturday. Come check it out.

Crunchy Frog

Well-Known Fanatic
The April match was rained out ("April showers bring May flowers", after all) but they are gearing up for this Saturday in Belton.

We had two Belton Gun Club members "try their hand" in March, and one of those fellows "got the bug" and has purchased gear. There is another prospective new shooter from Spartanburg who came to the Greenville match in April who I expect will will "debut" at Belton on Saturday.

Come hang out with us if you are in the area.

Crunchy Frog

Well-Known Fanatic
The April match was rained out ("April showers bring May flowers", after all) but they are gearing up for this Saturday in Belton.

We had two Belton Gun Club members "try their hand" in March, and one of those fellows "got the bug" and has purchased gear. There is another prospective new shooter from Spartanburg who came to the Greenville match in April who I expect will will "debut" at Belton on Saturday.

Come hang out with us if you are in the area.
I just got the word that they have called off the May match. Forecast calls for thunderstorms.

Crunchy Frog

Well-Known Fanatic
The Belton Bushwhackers' April and May matches were called off due to bad weather forecasts but "third time's a charm" and I'm looking forward to shooting the next match on Saturday June 8.

Crunchy Frog

Well-Known Fanatic
The Belton Bushwhackers' April and May matches were called off due to bad weather forecasts but "third time's a charm" and I'm looking forward to shooting the next match on Saturday June 8.

I just got word that the June match is off. Expecting heavy rain all weekend. Too bad, there would have been several people getting in one more local match before the World Championships in New Mexico.

And yes, we have local shooters who have won world championships in their category.

Latest posts