Controla virus

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
My MRS. showed me a local story about a store in a grocery chain that requires you to wear masks and follow the taped lines they put out. Thes e lines and arrows make you march their way to shop. This BS causes her to take MUCH longer to shop and increases her risk to being infected due to prolonged exposure to others in the store .I have asked her not to shop in places that are trying to control behavior. Requiring a mask--well maybe. control the # of people in a store-NO WAY,same goes for being cattle( floor lines and arrows).

any way, I digress, a senior citizen wa s shopping and either missed the arrows while he shopped or ignored them. he did nothing bad or risky ...the nazis in charge of the store took his cart of food and supplies away and booted him out!!!!! they could have politely informed him of the rules and asked him to comply. Their actions were a bit extreme to say the least. we are living in the bizarro world

IMHO things have gone too far . I do believe in 10-15 foot social distancing and speak my peace when someone violates my space( we all should). I believe masks have very limited ability to do anything as far a s prevention. I also believe that YOUR safety is YOUR business and that we need to all be responsible for how we act and what we do.

I am stunned by the exponential rise of stupidity and the way so many have just been puppets because they were scared by the lamestream media into doing so.

at what point do enough of us say " enough is enough"?

Mike Galway

Well-Known Fanatic
My MRS. showed me a local story about a store in a grocery chain that requires you to wear masks and follow the taped lines they put out. Thes e lines and arrows make you march their way to shop. This BS causes her to take MUCH longer to shop and increases her risk to being infected due to prolonged exposure to others in the store .I have asked her not to shop in places that are trying to control behavior. Requiring a mask--well maybe. control the # of people in a store-NO WAY,same goes for being cattle( floor lines and arrows).

any way, I digress, a senior citizen wa s shopping and either missed the arrows while he shopped or ignored them. he did nothing bad or risky ...the nazis in charge of the store took his cart of food and supplies away and booted him out!!!!! they could have politely informed him of the rules and asked him to comply. Their actions were a bit extreme to say the least. we are living in the bizarro world

IMHO things have gone too far . I do believe in 10-15 foot social distancing and speak my peace when someone violates my space( we all should). I believe masks have very limited ability to do anything as far a s prevention. I also believe that YOUR safety is YOUR business and that we need to all be responsible for how we act and what we do.

I am stunned by the exponential rise of stupidity and the way so many have just been puppets because they were scared by the lamestream media into doing so.

Where on God's green earth was this ? My local grocery stores are suggesting masks , and lines are marked at check out for distancing , but that seems to be it .

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
A grocery store here required it. Not to be too rude, but isn't it a private business along with all the perks of that?
If you don't like it, then I know I would (and do) shop elsewhere. I've been leveraging walmart pickup, sams club and other pick ups that are free.

Just my thoughts. I think this whole thing is being blown over, and the longer it continues the more it harms us ultimately.

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
A grocery store here required it. Not to be too rude, but isn't it a private business along with all the perks of that?
If you don't like it, then I know I would (and do) shop elsewhere. I've been leveraging walmart pickup, sams club and other pick ups that are free.

Just my thoughts. I think this whole thing is being blown over, and the longer it continues the more it harms us ultimately.

yur opinion matters. and I agree so I ask her to shop elsewhere. I just wa sappalled by the action towards a senior citizen. zero respect given.

Kree

Fanatic

1st off, it's not controlling if you're trying to keep your employees safe is it? It's inconvenient, yes, but we live in a society that happens to value the lives of one another. It's easier to maintain social distancing when people aren't passing each other in narrow store isles, that's just a fact. It's why we put lines on roads, perhaps those are a restriction on your liberties as well? No one likes these safety measures, but they are SAFETY measures. No one wants to be responsible for unintentionally harming someone else. Are these measures a pain? Sure. But how many fellow workers are you willing to cull in order to roam the Safeway isles as you please?

Tommy Two Guns

Fanatic
I'm also amazed by how the sheeple have just swallowed the gunk being spewed by the media. Here in Ill, we've got about 50k confirmed cases. .34% of the population. Now, there's probably a few hundred thousand, maybe millions in the state, of people carrying this flu bug that they don't know about. But 90% of those folks are gonna be just fine. Just saw on the news that Sweden's really not taking any steps to control it. Isolating their elderly, but no stay at home, no social distancing. They figure it's best to work toward "herd immunity" cause Corona ain't going away. So the sooner you face it, the better.

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
1st off, it's not controlling if you're trying to keep your employees safe is it? It's inconvenient, yes, but we live in a society that happens to value the lives of one another. It's easier to maintain social distancing when people aren't passing each other in narrow store isles, that's just a fact. It's why we put lines on roads, perhaps those are a restriction on your liberties as well? No one likes these safety measures, but they are SAFETY measures. No one wants to be responsible for unintentionally harming someone else. Are these measures a pain? Sure. But how many fellow workers are you willing to cull in order to roam the Safeway isles as you please?

big difference between appearing to be safe and being safe. sinc e so few have had this virus -- these measures are pure bs. the less time you are among others while out the better--period. being herded for the appearance of being "safe" is the illusion. If you are not sick and are not a carrier (especaially if you have staye d home a lot and social distance while out) you are NOT a threat to anyone.
The governments are exerting control--and the sheep fall for it. why are the sheep wearing masks while driving? while out walking by themselves? was it their idea?

if you do not see it--oh well

Last edited:

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm also amazed by how the sheeple have just swallowed the gunk being spewed by the media. Here in Ill, we've got about 50k confirmed cases. .34% of the population. Now, there's probably a few hundred thousand, maybe millions in the state, of people carrying this flu bug that they don't know about. But 90% of those folks are gonna be just fine. Just saw on the news that Sweden's really not taking any steps to control it. Isolating their elderly, but no stay at home, no social distancing. They figure it's best to work toward "herd immunity" cause Corona ain't going away. So the sooner you face it, the better.

Swedens approach is mor e logical. isolate those who are most likely to be extremely sick or die from t his flu like virus. INFORM the people and educate them about what safety measures are available and let the population decide which safety measures make sense. To be forced to do as you are told whethe r it makes sense or not is controlling--. I do agree with social isolation and distancing. not hard to do and it may help. A mask in a supermarket or large store with lots of others around--might help, might not. The rest is pure bs.

By controlling the people they have left many exposed. The stupid ideas that have been enforced by the governments(local, state) and some stores were obviously NOT well thought out.

we will have to see if it was worth it. IMHO it was not

pistolgrips

Well-Known Fanatic
KREE: thanks for saving me the time to essentially say the same thing. I'm kind of in a hurry to get out to the range this morning. I will add this: As for liberties being trampled on, far too many Americans have had to endure truly tyrannical edicts by other-than federal government entities. That absolutely has to come to an end. I truly believe armed conflict- a Second Civil War- will be an unavoidable reality if (a) our Second Amendment rights continue to be denigrated at the States level (or God forbid, a Biden presidency) and (b) some of the restrictive, illegal actions of tyrants aren't walked back during this COVID-19 ordeal.

Mike Galway

Well-Known Fanatic
It almost seems like an experiment to see if we'll accept martial law in the guise of safety . And I'm extremely disappointed in what I've seen . Some governors acting like dictators . People blindly doing what they're told . Small businesses and restaurants closed while places like Wal-Mart remain open and crowded .
Then there's actual stats . You're more likely to be killed by a distracted driver than die of covid 19 . Look at top 20 ways people die . Covid 19 doesn't make the list . Why no panic , quarantine , over the flu , obesity , distracted drivers , heart disease , opioid abuse ? All kill more people .

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
It almost seems like an experiment to see if we'll accept martial law in the guise of safety . And I'm extremely disappointed in what I've seen . Some governors acting like dictators . People blindly doing what they're told . Small businesses and restaurants closed while places like Wal-Mart remain open and crowded .
Then there's actual stats . You're more likely to be killed by a distracted driver than die of covid 19 . Look at top 20 ways people die . Covid 19 doesn't make the list . Why no panic , quarantine , over the flu , obesity , distracted drivers , heart disease , opioid abuse ? All kill more people .

great post @Mike.

JT1911

Fanatic
All this safety stuff and social distancing is at least somewhat reasonable, but notice that there doesn't seem to be any concern over our food supply chain(s) going down, especially meats/proteins (Beef, Chicken, pork, etc)! Notice no problems with the availability of Ice Cream for that idiot Pelosi! I sent the following to both my Senators and Republican Leadership in both the House and Senate yesterday, and called their offices as well.

"Why aren't the meat processing/packing plants being fast tracked to get things moving again? Why are we underplowing vegetable harvests? Pouring out milk? Destroying cattle, pigs, and chickens that are ready to be harvested? You "supposed" leaders need to get your acts together and get this fixed NOW- today. Not tomorrow! Now it may not be YOU, but YOU need to put pressure where it needs to be. I'm sending this same letter to Sen. Rubio and our (Republican) leadership in both the house and senate, and to the idiots on the other side of the aisle! This is absurd, ridiculous, and completely unacceptable. You all talk about self-sufficiency and sustainability and we're destroying food that is being produced by our farmers and ranchers, when it is needed on the tables of American citizens! Outrageous! Do something NOW!"

There's a lot of stuff going on right now that the government is either causing or letting happen that is unacceptable! Contact your representatives! I hope that you and all of your families & friends are all safe and healthy! Cheers!

Golfnut27

Fanatic

The grocery store I shop at had the arrows too,. I follow them, but it seems like everybody else goes the opposite way, so I'm always meeting people on every isle. Pisses me off. So far, I've been nice, so far.

Golfnut27

Fanatic
That's exactly what we should have done, shelter the elderly and at risk. Instead, we lock the whole damn country down and ruin the economy. It makes no sense. Personally, I think the Chinese are behind the virus. I also think Pelosi, Schumer, and Soros prodded the Communist News Network, CNN for short, to get the whole country in a frizzy about the virus. They want all off us to stay home and live off the government trough like a bunch of hogs.

busykngt

Well-Known Fanatic
I watched that video when they first put it out. They made a lot of sense and their logic was sound. It's amazing to me, You Tube's reaction was to take the video down; not to mention, they received a lot of flak, for it. This virus thing has just become a "political tool" used to ruin the economy and try to keep Trump from being re-elected.

Jammer Six

Well-Known Fanatic
It'll go away when they find a vaccine.

Until then, life and death depends on the common sense of everyone.

And as this thread shows, not everyone has common sense, and a lot of people skipped a lot of school.