Contingency Drawing Numbers

Rodan

Well-Known Fanatic
I think I have it. But if not someone please scream at me when its my turn.
You guys rock foe being able to put this together.

1911-45

Well-Known Fanatic
I can't figure it out. Just let me know when to walk to table.
Good Luck everyone!
Thanks,
MC

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
Ok - I'm a tad lost.

What's confusing?

Day 1's number picks which big group 1,2, or 3
Day 2's number pics the sub group
Day 3's number pics where we start

Where is the confusion?

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Maybe not so much confusing as complicated. But that's why we pay you so much to run this site. You're a brainiac

Plus I've always liked topless chicks drawing numbers from a hat.......

B.S. DuBois said:
Ok - first off - I'm sorry that this is going to be VERY confusing but it was the only reasonable way I could figure out how to do it so PAY ATTENTION!!!!!!

This drawing will take place over 3 separate days!!!

• Day 1 - We will use the CLOSE OF DOW on Wednesday December 11th to determine which GROUP moves on to the 2nd day
  • Day 2 - We will use the CLOSE OF DOW on Thursday December 12th to determine which SUB GROUP moves on to the 3rd day
  • Day 3 - We will use the CLOSE OF DOW on Friday December 13th to determine the ORDER OF PRIZES TO BE DISTRIBUTED!!!
Remember - it is the CLOSEST WITHOUT GOING OVER who advances / wins!!!!

Example:

Day 1 Dow closes at 16,137.25 - GROUP 2 will move on because 6.66 is the closest without going over
Day 2 Dow closes at 16,055.34 - GROUP 2-G will move on because 4.61 is the closest without going over (notice that Group 2-H was closer BUT went over!)
Day 3 Dow closes at 16,106.83 - 1911-45 would pick first then Wall then X-Navy Chief, and so forth....

Day 1:
Group 1 can win with 3.33 - 6.65
Group 2 can win with 6.66 - 9.98
Group 3 can win with 9.99-13.32 (or 3.32)

Since there are 40-50 prizes we will go through multiple Sub Groups so this is how it will work.

• In the example above (in post 1) group 2-G was the WINNING group with 1911-45 being the ultimate 1st place winner. We will go from 1911-45 backwards as stated above and when we get to the 0.00 person it goes to the end of the list FOR THE SAME GROUP (so in the example above - after Rigsby would be BrandonM followed by BS DuBois)
  • Once the ENTIRE WINNING SUBGROUP is complete - we then go to the previous sub group and start at the SAME PLACE we did for the winning sub group. (In the example above once 2-G is complete - ending with MG23 since you can't win twice - it will move to group 2-F and start at Glock34-CP (6.53) and the list will work backwards just as it did the first time)

Any questions?

Group1.png

Group2.png

Group3.png

B.S. DuBois said:
Enjoy the geek talk everyone:

This is how the lists / groups came about.

• First I took everyone and entered their name the number of times of entries they had. This resulted in 897 total entries
  • Once all of these were in the same column I used the excel formula =RAND() to create a random number for each entry then sorted based on this number. This gave a COMPLETELY RANDOM order
  • This list though was WAYYYYYY too big to simply do a drawing from since the DOW only reports to 2 decimal places
  • 897 is divisible by 3 which gives you 299 entries per group of 3 - THIS is where the 3 BIG groups formed from
  • 299 was STILL too big to do the DOW drawing from so I found what 299 is divisible by - 13 and 23
  • So from here I created Sub Groups of 23 which lead to the 13 Sub Groups you see in each BIG group
  • Sadly this was really the only way to do it to remain completely transparent. The numbers were posted last night - the drawing takes place on Wednesday. There is zero way (unless someone is powerful enough to rig the DOW 3 days in a row) that this can be "rigged". Sorry it has to be confusing but I wanted to keep it in a way that would be transparent

Since there are 40-50 prizes we will go through multiple Sub Groups so this is how it will work.

• In the example above (in post 1) group 2-G was the WINNING group with 1911-45 being the ultimate 1st place winner. We will go from 1911-45 backwards as stated above and when we get to the 0.00 person it goes to the end of the list FOR THE SAME GROUP (so in the example above - after Rigsby would be BrandonM followed by BS DuBois)
  • Once the ENTIRE WINNING SUBGROUP is complete - we then go to the previous sub group and start at the SAME PLACE we did for the winning sub group. (In the example above once 2-G is complete - ending with MG23 since you can't win twice - it will move to group 2-F and start at Glock34-CP (6.53) and the list will work backwards just as it did the first time)

Rodan

Well-Known Fanatic

That cleared it up.
Day 1 = 1,2 or 3
Day 2 = A to M
Day 3 = Order of pick.

Right?

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
Rodan said:

That cleared it up.
Day 1 = 1,2 or 3
Day 2 = A to M
Day 3 = Order of pick.

Right?

DING DING DING Thats the simplest way to put it yea

scubor2

S.L.C.G.A.
Jesse Tischauser said:
I'm with Burk 100% on this one. Ain't nothing complicated or confusing about topless chicks.
Everything is complicated and confusing with chicks, topless just makes you forget about it for a moment.

Aggieddad02

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't know what is more exciting than the opportunity to win some great prizes from an absolutely GREAT group of Sponsors - other than maybe seeing the look on Jesse's face when Brandon came out with that colorful list and then hearing him say "Dude WTF?" Good luck to all and Thanks BoomeShooter :)

jackson923

Well-Known Fanatic
Thank you for the explaination I was just as confused as everyone else and had no doubt that you wouldn't do it fairly. I hope I win the secret grand prize, oh you didn't know? Its a pair of glasses, autographed picture to hang on your ceiling above your bed and a dinner date with none other then JT!

JT's #1 Fan Boy. He shook my hand once!

MG23

Well-Known Fanatic
Ok, so if next year you do the topless chick pulling names out of a hat I will need a little advance notice to plan coming from NY to be an official witness, lol.

Again thanks Everyone involved with this program. I look forward to the 2014 year.

Quick question is the virtual prize table list offical at this time this way I can print it out and start placing things in order of want. Fingers crossed!

stan686

Well-Known Fanatic
How long do I have to make my pick once I get my first place pick? Not that it should take long to decide at that point, just asking?