Conceal Carry Belts - REVISITED

aestus

Well-Known Fanatic
Ever since I've switched to the reinforced nylon style EDC belts with the cobra buckles, I'll never go back to a leather belt. Much more rigid and durable.

The 1.5" rigid Cobra duty belt and 1.5" rigid EDC belt with the 1" cobra buckles from SOE are probably the best examples of these type of belts. Ares makes a great version too, but don't like the style of cobra buckles they use. I also have versions made from Vagabond Stitching and they get the thumbs up, as well. Their stitching is different and their webbing is stiff enough. The SOE webbing is slightly stiffer and I like their stitching better.

I also have the 1.75" EDC Cobra belt from Boxer tactical. For casual IWB carry, these are extremely comfortable. Flexible, yet stiff and holds the firearm in tightly. I wouldn't use it for hanging OWB duty gear, though. I would prefer something much stiffer if carrying OWB with multiple mags with dump pouches, ect.

G Tinney

Well-Known Fanatic
I just received my EDC belt from SOE in the mail today. I placed my order on feb 5th. I'm going to give it a good honest try but from what I'm seeing straight out of the package I'm not very impressed. I've been wearing the nylon Riggers belt with Kydex from Black Hawk for I know at least five years. The Blackhawk belt, after all that wear and break in to time, is still stiffer than the SOE belt straight from the box. I've read great reviews and I heard people just rave about this belt but right now I can't see what all the fuss is about.

its the buckle; it looks cool.
I have a belt from Jones tactical (?) with the same Cobra buckle. Its a pain in the ass to thread pant loops, and its no more rigid than my wilderness , uncle mikes, Galco, etc instructor/rigger belts,,

Latest posts