Competition Revolvers

Glocktogo

Well-Known Fanatic
I have no pics of the 625 I had, but I can tell you every little detail about setting one up for full reliability. The guy I eventually sold it to went to the ICORE Championship in CA with it and won two guns off the prize table. When I first got it, it wouldn't make 60 rounds without choking. After I was done, 300 round practice sessions without a hiccup.

Chambers

actual GM
What's a good USPSA revo? And what do they need aside from sights + trigger? I want something that will shoot major.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I think the 625 is the most popular revo for ICORE and USPSA isn't it? It would be cool to have a .40 version to match the SS and limited guns.

Chambers

actual GM
I think the 625 is the most popular revo for ICORE and USPSA isn't it? It would be cool to have a .40 version to match the SS and limited guns.

And it simplifies my reloading quite a bit. Do they make a .40?

I just want one so I can beat Javier. :p

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
And it simplifies my reloading quite a bit. Do they make a .40?

I just want one so I can beat Javier. :p
Good luck with that. I shot with him at the last ICORE match and he's an awesome revo shooter.

If you want to make major get a 625. There are others but that's probably the simplest.

ChrisC

Revolver Division
Javier is getting good... Chambers I shoot a 610 which is 40/10mm.

What scott said.... His triggers are silk

I should be at both the uspsa and icore matches this month with revo in town if you all want to play with them

ChrisC

Revolver Division
Yes. It is an N frame. They make an L frame but it's hard to come by. Of course a 610 isn't that easy. I'd rather have a 5 inch 625. But that'd hindsight.

robot

Well-Known Fanatic
+1 about getting Mike Carmoney to work on your gun, here the URL : http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showforum=192

here's my pretty stock 625 JM:

4953658424_001ed640d8_b.jpg

4953680676_a2d1cd6137_b.jpg

jtischauser

Yes. It is an N frame. They make an L frame but it's hard to come by. Of course a 610 isn't that easy. I'd rather have a 5 inch 625. But that'd hindsight.

Where does a guy find out what all the frame designations mean? I don't even know what my 625 is considered??? :blink:

jtischauser

+1 about getting Mike Carmoney to work on your gun, here the URL : http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showforum=192

here's my pretty stock 625 JM:

Who took those pictures? They are nice A's is the revolver.

No.343

Well-Known Fanatic
Where does a guy find out what all the frame designations mean? I don't even know what my 625 is considered??? :blink:

Your 625 is an N frame it is the largest of the popular frames. The X frame is a little larger than the N and houses the likes of the 500S&W. Even a guy with medium sized hands like me can shoot the X frame.

I just got my 625 back from Carmoney a couple of weeks ago. He did his customary work where he removed the spur, chamfered the cylinder and smoothed up the action. I finally got to shoot it last Sunday. It really does make a big difference. I could shoot fairly straight with it before the makeover, but I really believe this will help me shoot better. The biggest differences will be reloading speed and the way that the hammer strike affects my hold. With the spur still on I noticed during dry fire that the strike of the hammer would disturb my sight alignment if I didn't have a very firm grip. The chamfer is incredible. It looks like I have six funnels on my cylinder. The best part is that I got the gun back in less than two weeks!

Bubber

Well-Known Fanatic
Your 625 is an N frame it is the largest of the popular frames. The X frame is a little larger than the N and houses the likes of the 500S&W. Even a guy with medium sized hands like me can shoot the X frame.

I just got my 625 back from Carmoney a couple of weeks ago. He did his customary work where he removed the spur, chamfered the cylinder and smoothed up the action. I finally got to shoot it last Sunday. It really does make a big difference. I could shoot fairly straight with it before the makeover, but I really believe this will help me shoot better. The biggest differences will be reloading speed and the way that the hammer strike affects my hold. With the spur still on I noticed during dry fire that the strike of the hammer would disturb my sight alignment if I didn't have a very firm grip. The chamfer is incredible. It looks like I have six funnels on my cylinder. The best part is that I got the gun back in less than two weeks!

No.343 Does this mean that we cain't give you the shovel now because you won't need it? :devil: :)
Later rdd

Latest posts