Comp question

bulletman

Well-Known Fanatic
Should i keep my miculek comp on my ar15. Or switch to a Titan or a overkill custom comp?

Will there be any noticeable difference upgrading?

I do like the looks of the overkill comp. But for function does one work any better then the next?

Are they about the same clear the pavilion loud... Hahaha

MarkCh

Well-Known Fanatic
I put a Rolling Thunder on my new 16-inch build over the holidays and liked it so much I bought another for my 18-inch barrel rifle. I don't notice it being loud, but the RO at a match I shot last week griped about it being such a nuisance. I got a good deal on it from makereadyproshop.com. They have as good a price as anywhere I checked.

bulletman

Well-Known Fanatic
Burk, you thinking it won't be that much of a difference? I was wondering that...

The ro hated my 7" I had with the miculek comp... Told me not to bring it back.

Was wondering if there was any experience with the overkill. Seen Jesse t had one one his Rifle on Facebook. Hoping he would chime in on function of the overkill.

Should keep miculek and get the gold trigger instead of a cmc and a comp... Hmm

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
I agree with the trigger comment. My only experience with comps is stock A2, Stag comp that comes on the 3G, and Rolling Thunder. If there were as much of a difference between the Miculek comp and others as there is between the first two I've used and the RT, I'd say upgrade the comp, but I doubt that's the case.

BTW, the RO who has a problem with loud guns can pound sand. If it hurts him, tell him "plugs and muffs" isn't just a term in the adult entertainment industry anymore.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
I have the SJC Titan on my rifle. It is stupid loud to the RO. I ROed a friend that was borrowing my rifle for the match a couple of month back. Never realized just how loud it was until then. But my Open pistol with comp is stupid loud for the RO too. That's why I wear my Surefire ear plugs when I shoot and my electronic earmuffs when I RO. No big deal.

With that comp, and my tuned gas system, my rifle doesn't really move when I fire it. I can see my hits on steel. I switched from a Miculek, to the SJC and I immediately noticed the difference. Once I tuned my gas system with low mass components and adjustable gas block, that's when I really noticed how effective it was.

bulletman

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a carbine the acs stock. I can't use the buffer from jp the local shop said. So if I do switch to the Titan and a adjustable gas block. I should notice the difference then? I'm thinking that AR gold trigger everyone recommend or a cheaper one... Just want to make my gear a Lil better, until I can afford a jp Rifle.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
bulletman said:
The ro hated my 7" I had with the miculek comp... Told me not to bring it back.
Ignore that pansie ass. If he can't handle how loud gunfire is then he needs to leave the gun range.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
I have a MagPul UBR stock on my rifle. I use the JP Silent Captured Spring with it. It fits the carbine or rifle length tubes. Lets you tune the gas down still.

Latest posts