Commander size barrel preference.

In a Commander size 1911, which do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Just FYI.. I bought my S/A Loaded Target from a guy on Gunbroker 7-1-2014.. (my only Gunbroker purchase) for $850.00 + 35.00 FFL transer.
I PM'd with the seller, guy in georgia before purchasing, he seemed / was honest, gave me all the factory stuff with it , inc. paperwork + 4 Metalform 9mm mags.
Those mags work well, but the top edges are sharp. ( I like Mec Gar mags better)
Later, I had my gunsmith, Doug Jones ( a local firearm expert , & 1911 builder, / & my personal firearm guru ) Checker the front strap, machine the top of the slide flat, (with some nice lines added for appearance,)+ do asst polishing , trigger work ,etc.. put probably another $300.00 in it.
Doug gives me a deal on work I have done..I give him referrals.

My Springfield isn't for sale..wouldn't sell it for 2X what I have invested. It'll pass on to one of my 2 sons.
I don't ike the ambi safety either, maybe someday I'll get rid of it..guess it really doesn't bother me.

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
Just FYI.. I bought my S/A Loaded Target from a guy on Gunbroker 7-1-2014.. (my only Gunbroker purchase) for $850.00 + 35.00 FFL transer.
I PM'd with the seller, guy in georgia before purchasing, he seemed / was honest, gave me all the factory stuff with it , inc. paperwork + 4 Metalform 9mm mags.
Those mags work well, but the top edges are sharp. ( I like Mec Gar mags better)
Later, I had my gunsmith, Doug Jones ( a local firearm expert , & 1911 builder, / & my personal firearm guru ) Checker the front strap, machine the top of the slide flat, (with some nice lines added for appearance,)+ do asst polishing , trigger work ,etc.. put probably another $300.00 in it.
Doug gives me a deal on work I have done..I give him referrals.

My Springfield isn't for sale..wouldn't sell it for 2X what I have invested. It'll pass on to one of my 2 sons.
I don't ike the ambi safety either, maybe someday I'll get rid of it..guess it really doesn't bother me.
Sad you won't sell the Springfield, but extremely happy your planning on handing down to kin.

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
Hi all, probably the wrong place to ask this but I still do not know how to start a thread. Guess I'll have to ask Miss LD to help me do it.

My question is which commander size, or for that matter full size 9mm 1911, would you all suggest. Thinking about trying one out, and I would love your input. I'd prefer to start out on the lower priced basic models, if that helps. I'm older, and a fixed income does not help matters a bunch.

Thank you all,

Bob Lee
http:bulletworks.com known throughout Texas as the answer man. Mitchells Custom Guns

Latest posts