Columbia Jacket

Ben-Sons

Well-Known Fanatic
It was in the low 30s  and I had a chance to try my new Columbia jacket. It is thin and light, 100% waterproof and has a titanium liner woven into it. The liner radiates heat back towards your body like a emergency blanket.
I'd call it the perfect jacket for shooting in colder temps. With under layers, I'd use it into the teens.

The Columbia Sportswear Men's Trail Tackleâ"¢ Jacket is made of 4-way stretch 93% polyester and 7% elastane Max Heat softshell fabric with 96% polyester and 4% elastane Heat Thermostretch inner, Omni-Heatâ"¢ thermal reflective fabric technology keeps you warm, while Omni-Wickâ"¢ fabric technology in the back and side panels wicks away moisture to keep you dry. Reflective details. Zipper closure.

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_318601_-1?color=Black%2fLight+Grey&N=628476071+4294965209

If I was to design a jacket, it would be pretty close to this. Maybe an extra pocket here or there. As far as the cut, material, bulk, and range of motion, it is close to perfect. It weighs about the same as a sweatshirt, is as waterproof and wind proof as gortex, and fits like a long sleeve shirt. In addition, the full length zipper will aide in keeping you from doing the "hot brass dance" when shooting online with others.

Something they don't tell you is, the inside looks like a disco ball. That increases your dancing skills by 10%

Latest posts