Colt Colt WC LW commander

Zephyr

New Fanatic
I got this on a trade. I had it loaded for a day or two but wasn't sure if I should put a few through it, or, would it appreciate over time as some Colts do..

Currently, it's in my collection as one of the trade items, unless I see feedback that suggests keeping it for a while. Anyone else have experience with this particular model?

Attachments

• 15410407165657112534769476928256.jpg
    15410407165657112534769476928256.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 94

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
One of the ones that got away... I was going to buy one, seller let me keep it for a few months. Shot it, nice gun. Deal fell through. Great little gun. Value, I don't think would be damaged by some shooting, whether to keep it or not, well, that is up to you.

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Great little Colt, the FCS models really haven't had the draw that the older models have. Don't see ya losing money by keeping it and shooting, but I really don't see it appreciating a great deal

Whiten

Well-Known Fanatic
I had one, great shooter and very light.
I say shoot it if going to keep or don't if going to resale.

Weisse52

Active Fanatic
My WC LW Commander is truly one of my favorite 1911's. Nice size and weight for CC. It would be one of my last handguns to go out the door. Take it out and shoot it.

Tactical Rico

Well-Known Fanatic
Mine is my daily carry piece right now.......has been for a while.
I think the earlier ones "have" FCS and the later ones eliminated them........I've had mine since 2011 or 2012 and mine has FCS. I did change out the sights though,
and put in a short trigger.......
WC Commander 001.jpg
TR

41 Charlie

Well-Known Fanatic
Mine is my daily carry piece right now.......has been for a while.
I think the earlier ones "have" FCS and the later ones eliminated them........I've had mine since 2011 or 2012 and mine has FCS. I did change out the sights though,
and put in a short trigger.......
View attachment 6343
TR

Beautiful! Love the short trigger!!

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
The early one with fcs that I owned a while ago was easy to carry and a reliable shooter. It got away. Been going to get another without fcs but haven't had any luck.
I'm in the shoot it, use it camp. Colt made lots and it's still in the catalog.

pistolgrips

Well-Known Fanatic
One of my favorites- Wylie Clapp CCO. Maybe 5K rounds through it. Short smooth trigger and firing group mods, thinline Buffalo Horn stocks (NOT advertising — I make and sell a lot of custom made grips, mostly stag, buffalo horn, MOP and abalone.) These are made to carry and shoot.

awmp

Well-Known Fanatic
I had one, one of the favorites to carry, not the favorite to shoot, I like the heavy steel in a Commander or Full size in 45acp. 9mm/38Super lightweight shines to carry and shoot. Just my view.