Colt drinks the cool-aid

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
Your kidding right? you don't know that a huge dem supporter jeff bezos bought it and uses it to advance the libtard talking points. just like cnn msnbc ny times and on and on and on. so yes the washington post is nothing but more lamestream media
That was my point, lamestream yes, but definitely NOT what I would consider legitimate, or "mainstream'. When a news outlet is non-biased, non-political, and presents the actual news as it happens, without leaning to the left so far it falls off the screen, I would consider that "mainstream". I stand by my opinion, Colt caved to please the liberal left.

GerSan69

Fanatic
Not political? C'mom man. This is firearms in America. And the subject is the evil dark rifle.
Read Colt's press release. They have dedicated all AR lines to contract fulfillment. If what the company themselves says isn't good enough for you, then there's nothing anyone else can tell you, is there?
Come on, man!

terdog

Well-Known Fanatic
But the point is that they made "capitol" by reporting it to the general public with no reason other than to make themselves appear sympathetic to the Evil Black Rifle cause.

To me, this is much worse an affront to the gun community than the infamous Springfield debacle.

Mike Galway

Well-Known Fanatic
There's a surplus of ARs out there anyway . They're not selling like they did five years ago . If one is mad at Colt simply buy another brand like Double Star , Rock River , DPMS , CMMG , Stag , Bushmaster , Wyndam Weaponry , Ruger , S&W , etc . Price has never been lower . Resale is in the tank , buy used .

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
I never said conspiracy.
It is my contention is that this is a politically based move on their part to distance themselves from the current climate against "ASSAULT RIFLES ".
They did not have to make a statement regarding their no longer producing the civilian AR, did they? So why did they? So that they could appear to be more politicly correct.

Naw, its about survival, pure and simple. Most all AR producing companies are in the red. Very few are actually making money right now. Colt's labor force was bleeding them dry. Its simple economics, but if you think its a conspiracy to screw over the AR community, you go with that, have a nut, wear a tin foilhat.

Don't forget, Rock River Arms was partnered with Springfield in the big fawk U Illiniois.

Latest posts