Colt 1911 Magazines?

James Peel

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm new to 1911's ad just recently acquired a mid-70's combat commander with only one magazine. I'd like to be able to have multiple mags both 7 rd capacity and higher. It seems that there's several brands of magazines in a wide price range available.

Who makes the magazines that are recommended for this gun?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I replaced my Wilson combat mags with the Tripp Cobra mags after Wall recommended them. Awesome 1911 mags for certain.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I don't dare go against the recommendation of Mr BoomerShooter and a Pro shooter. So I won't BUT the only magazines I have ever used are Wilson 47D and they have been shot a lot and run very well.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
47D are nice and I was skeptical of Tony saying there was something better but damn the Cobras are hot!

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
I shot a single stack for a few months and used CMC mags and ACT mags, both of which were flawless during that period, but none of which did I put through any real paces. When I go single stack again I'll be getting Tripps from Tony.

MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Well-Known Fanatic
JPeel said:
just recently acquired a mid-70's combat commander with only one magazine.
I have probably 3 old 7-round Colt magazines, old school from the 70's maybe 80's. My grandfather liquidated his quite large and nice 1911 stash when his health went downhill and these were from that collection. They're just laying around getting rusty. You can have them for free if you think you can use them, just pay for shipping, or send me a Glock related toy in return.

Latest posts