CM 09-09 Lightning and Thunder

TroyF

TheBearcat
I know that this Classifier was shot at H&H this month.

Any thoughts on the best way to shoot it? Aside from "shoot Alphas as fast as possible"....

Chambers

actual GM
It was a par time...so the normal rules don't really apply. 5 seconds is a lot of time on the first and third strings, and not very much time on the second. If you understand that going in you can pace yourself.

However, I didn't have a clean run on ANY of the 3 strings. Strings 1 & 3, I had malfs and String 2 my mag wouldn't fall! Moving into a new place last week I didn't get to do any of my normal prematch rituals...like checking ammo, and cleaning guns/mags!

Anyway, I hit the gas and got all the shots off but the hits were lacking and I walked away with 76%. Cost me the final stage, oh well! ::)

I feel like par time classifiers are easy if you understand the "gotcha." They usually entail some speed-up, slow-down ****.

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
EVERYONE that is not a master or grand master shooter. Watch this video.

I was the chump running the timer. This is a perfect example of how to shoot a par time classifier. Mike had multiple malfunctions and made this classifier look simple. I shot this classifier a few shooters after him with zero malfunctions and did not complete string 2 within the par time.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
It was a par time...so the normal rules don't really apply. 5 seconds is a lot of time on the first and third strings, and not very much time on the second. If you understand that going in you can pace yourself.

However, I didn't have a clean run on ANY of the 3 strings. Strings 1 & 3, I had malfs and String 2 my mag wouldn't fall! Moving into a new place last week I didn't get to do any of my normal prematch rituals...like checking ammo, and cleaning guns/mags!

Anyway, I hit the gas and got all the shots off but the hits were lacking and I walked away with 76%. Cost me the final stage, oh well! ::)

I feel like par time classifiers are easy if you understand the "gotcha." They usually entail some speed-up, slow-down ****.

I had a malf on the 1st string too. Think it's probably time to clean the gun now, but it may have been the mag too. If it weren't for that and about 4 other mikes and a couple of no-shoots I could have been close to the top 10. :(

WillR

Well-Known Fanatic
I thought that it was very impressive that in spite the malfunctions you were able to get all three strings off with no over time shots.

aeropb

Well-Known Fanatic
1 and 3 were a cakewalk. On 2, turn on the beastmode and at the very least get all 6 shots off to give yourself the best chance of scoring any points since misses don't penalize you. I felt my blood pressure soar on string 2, but I made it.