Cleaning Kits

Whatever

Fanatic
Over the years I have a collection of cleaning products but am looking for a complete kit as a gift. Any thoughts ?
Thanks for looking.....

Freeman012

New Fanatic
I got a commemorative set as a gift about five years ago. It was from the NRA store and included brass rods, brushes etc. for everything from .22 up through 338. Beautiful set I still use all the time. NRA store.

bigbob76

Fanatic
I have tool box full of odds and ends from various cleaning kits. If i won the lottery I would probably shop for a first class kit.

Buck Buck

Well-Known Fanatic
Over the years I have a collection of cleaning products but am looking for a complete kit as a gift. Any thoughts ?
Thanks for looking.....
because

Depends on your price and the person you're giving it to...
$29.95 - Wild Shot Deluxe Gun Cleaning Kit with Aluminum Bullet-Shaped Storage Case (kind of fun but also pretty obvious)
$29.73 - Hoppe's No. 9 Deluxe Gun Cleaning Kit (in a 'presentation' wood box)
Just Google complete gun cleaning kit, I found these 2 on Amazon

OR buy a 9x6" zippered tactical pouch/bag and fill it with nice stuff: 22 cal rifle, fits most other guns too (or pistol) kit w/ 3 brass cleaning rods, patches, M-Pro 7 Cleaner and M-Pro 7 Oil (2 oz. Bottles, & not CLP products) silicone gun cloth, a stiff nylon double-end gun cleaning 'toothbrush', maybe a nylon pick tool for small spaces and small pack of travel Q-tips from Target, CVS, or Rite-Aid.
Assembling a hand-picked kit like this in a tactical bag, Voodoo bag, or similar cloth pouch is a nice personal touch. But it will be more expensive than the $30 kits. Depends on how close a friend they are too, vs. just a gift for a person you know...
My $ 0.02 worth of personal shopping advice.

I've made 2 of these, one for my 22 rifle and AR-15, and a 2nd one for my pistols, 9mm & .45 cal. And then added a few specific items to each kit.

Happy Shopping!

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
From my experience, I'd suggest making your own kit..put in bag, box, ammo box..etc..
You can chose what solvents, cleaners, lubes.. type of rods, brushes, mops, etc that goes in.
The DIY approach allows you to choose premium components of YOUR choice..just my opinion.

Tlm

Fanatic
Thanks for looking.....

Ottis has one of the best firearms cleaning system I've found. It let's you clean from breech to muzzle.

bigbob76

Fanatic
I would like to find the best rods I can get and then get all the fittings that are the same threads. I have several that are not interchangeable.

Latest posts