Clay shooting "class"

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
Ok guys and gals, you asked for it. A class on shooting flying clays for 3-gun, sporting clays and skeet. All of the disciplines are essentially the same. We will cover basics including shotgun mount and follow through, body positions and introduction to mental management.
One pre-requisite of the class will be the completion of Lanny Bassham's book "With Winning in Mind". It's a one night read and will help in all shooting games but is almost required for shooting clays.
Please respond here and/or PM me if interested in this one day class. It will be on a Saturday so all of our church going folks can make it. I will wait until I get enough response and then schedule it through Trapr and Kurt a it will be a RNT sanctioned class.

Mike

sparks40

Fanatic
Count me in! I have read Lanny's book and it is a much easier read than the Brian Enos book. I have noticed a difference in my shooting just by applying part of the techniques he explains. Need to read it again and get the rest in place for this class.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
I am interested, but i have a question i want to take this class to get better at shooting shotgun, but the only shotgun i have is a pimped out AI M2, which isn't a "clay" shotgun.... will that be OK?? or is this more of a class for serious clay shooters only??? because i would mainly be shooting 3 gun...

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I am interested in any class! Let me know the when/where/cost and I will be there if its not in April.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
We will prefer a 3-gun shotgun. Although I am not qualified to teach reloading, this is geared towards 3-gun shooting. If all you have is a single shot, that's ok too. I will probably use my benelli m1 as well.

Dennis, we will schedule a couple classes. I am thinking 2 students max for any class so we can fit effective shooting to your style.

Details to come after our esteemed RNT crew gets back from Mesa.

Mike

dennishoddy

We will prefer a 3-gun shotgun. Although I am not qualified to teach reloading, this is geared towards 3-gun shooting. If all you have is a single shot, that's ok too. I will probably use my benelli m1 as well.

Dennis, we will schedule a couple classes. I am thinking 2 students max for any class so we can fit effective shooting to your style.

Mike
Excellent! Never shot three gun, but do a ton of hunting, and mix in some clays, and trap. Most of the clays and trap are charity things for local Fire department fund raisers.
I'm basically a shotgun guy, getting into pistol comps, recently.
Probably dig through the safe and get out what your looking for. I'm thinking there is a Rem 1100 in there with a cyl bore 18 1/8" barrel. Not hi cap, but, it runs pretty good.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
One pre-requisite of the class will be the completion of Lanny Bassham's book "With Winning in Mind". It's a one night read and will help in all shooting games but is almost required for shooting clays.
:sign0065:
c'mon Mike, you guys know I'm not a "reader".
Is there a dvd I can rent or something?

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss

Mike
awesome, thanks for making a one day class on saturday also.... i really appreciate that.... also it would have to be after april for me too...

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
Ok. I will probably do a quarterly series of classes. I think there will be enough interest. I will offer a Saturday and a Sunday class, both morning and afternoon. We will start at the ipsc range and end at the skeet range at OKCGC. Again, any semi shotgun is preferred and does not have to be setup for loading fast or high capacity.
The price will be very reasonable and I was kidding about the lanny bassham book being a prerequisite, although a copy will be available at the end of the class.

Thanks guys and I will keep this post updated.

Mike

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
OK guys, it looks like the first class will be the 16th of April after 3-gun setup. I am limiting it to 3 shooters and I think 2 slots are already filled up. We will cover shotgun position, body position, follow through and when the sight picture is good enough to count. There will be 100 shells required and I will let you know individually what the cost is. I can tell you that it will barely cover the price of clays. :)
The class will last about 3 hours and the last 1 1/2 hours will be at the skeet range.

Mike

Latest posts