Classifier percentage Question

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Question: This was my score on the last classifier we had at OKCGC (13-07)

6 Cornelius, Burk D PROD 38 0 7.33 5.1842 28.9798 72.45 %

Is 72.45% the percentage that will be used the next time USPSA runs a classification run, or will they use a [different] percentage based on how my time/score ranked against the rest of the country (not just OKCGC)?

gng4life

Active Fanatic
They will use the USPSA percentages, not your local club percent. Go to the USPSA classifier calculator (http://www.classifiercalc.com/) to get the most accurate percentage until they run the monthly batch...

It is saying you will get about a 48.2% so a middle C for your next run.

SpaceFlunky

Well-Known Fanatic
ClassifierCalc is WAY off on production percentages. I had used it before and it showed my % to be around 10% higher than it actually ended up being. It has been pretty spot on for my limited % tho.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Luis Renova said:
ClassifierCalc is WAY off on production percentages. I had used it before and it showed my % to be around 10% higher than it actually ended up being. It has been pretty spot on for my limited % tho.
I'm hoping it's off for open too. I smoked that stage & it only showed as a 67%.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Burk Cornelius said:
6 Cornelius, Burk D PROD 38 0 7.33 5.1842 28.9798 72.45 %
38 points
0 penalties
7.33 seconds
5.1842 HIT FACTOR
28.97 stage points
72.45% of the stage winner (7.15 hit factor)

Your HIT FACTOR will be used by uspsa to determine your percentage on this classifier compared against the scores already in the database.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Wall said:
38 points
0 penalties
7.33 seconds
5.1842 HIT FACTOR
28.97 stage points
72.45% of the stage winner

Your HIT FACTOR will be used by uspsa to determine your percentage on this classifier compared against the scores already in the database.

Gotcha. Very helpful.

Unlike Jesse, who is only hurtful

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Burk what you do is take your hit factor and multiply it by 2. Then subtract your age. Next you want to hop an one foot and rub your belly at the same time.

Then look on classifiercalc.com and you'll see you're still a newb.

runawaygun762

Well-Known Fanatic
Classifiers absolutely do mean something in USPSA. They help determine whether or not you get a participation award. I got a 1st place Production Division B class plaque at the MO State USPSA match, which is really a "Aww, there are no winners and losers in this game, Timmy, everyone gets a medal." award. I got it for being the best medicore shooter in a group of people whose thumbs are too weak to load a double stack mag to full capacity. So what if lots of people got to walk a prize table before me because they were better shooters? They can take their large boxes of ammo or reloading components that I really wanted more than the Drago rifle case that was left over and they can SUCK IT!!! I got a plaque and many of the better shooters didn't. I'm sure a couple of them cried.

It's only the third trinket I've gotten in a shooting match, but I don't give a ****. I put it in a box under the stairs so I could pretend like I don't have plenty of room for it, like Miculek.

luke.reninger

Well-Known Fanatic
Classifiers mean this to me.....

You will start shooting in the top ten at every club match and feel great.

You plug your classifier in and it tells you to go practice more because Rob Leatham annihilated you in single stack. (Vogel for you)

My only goal with classifiers now is to see if I'm improving. Beyond that, not going to worry.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
If you think the HHFs are crazy in Lim, Prod, and SS try Revo. Some of them are laughable even for JM. I think they pulled some of them out of their ass.

Scott Hearn said:
If you think the HHFs are crazy in Lim, Prod, and SS try Revo. Some of them are laughable even for JM. I think they pulled some of them out of their ass.
when you consider the geriatrics that shoot revo, yes they are

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Micah_Rowe said:
i take it youve never seen Anchorman.....
Uh, yeah dude.
"I doubt the network cares about an old wooden ship"
That was the line after Ferrell said diversity was an old wooden ship.
Pfft. Learn your movies bro :D

Latest posts