Checkering fixture is finally a success~!

SteveO

Well-Known Fanatic
A few more small obstacles to over come, but this first functional test shows that hard work and tenacity, perseverance and determination can indeed pay off. I would say this is not to bad for the 1st test frame. Not the best frames to start with, have a few more tooling and hard stop issues to resolve but compared to everything else it took to get to this point with the help of some great folks. I finally have a working product. Will be setting up for verticals tomorrow.Checkering true front strap.jpg Checkering functional test frame.jpg

WWB

Well-Known Fanatic
Excellent Steve Glad to see you plans coming together. Hoping to shoot the valor today you you did.

SteveO

Well-Known Fanatic
Good work Steve. I bet that is way faster and less tiring then the way I do it.
Thank you sir..It is lol. But took about 6 months getting here.. And I still have some tooling and z axis issues. On to the verticals today. Thankful this is a rest frame..

SteveO

Well-Known Fanatic
I wasn't sure,.....looks great darn sharp cuts from what I can see
Hoping I get as good results on the verticals cause I will have to use a different tool. I may try to find a smaller diameter slitting saw to use so I'm using the same cutter.. We'll have to see how the verticals fair.. Not doing bad for first real test piece.