Cheaper Than Dirt suspends online gun sales

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
This is becoming absolutely ludicrous.........

Cheaper Than Dirt! is suspending online sales of firearms effective immediately. We are reviewing our policy internally, and will continue to be the leader in the outdoor industry with our full line of gear and accessories. Michael Tenny, CEO

Plus, they increased prices on PMAGS to $59.97 each

bpipe95

Fanatic
There are a couple of guys in this sport that I seriously look up to, I have always wondered why they would wear the logo to begin with.

So, my question is to the shooters that wear a ctd logo. Will you pull that name off your shirt?

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
There are a couple of guys in this sport that I seriously look up to, I have always wondered why they would wear the logo to begin with.

So, my question is to the shooters that wear a ctd logo. Will you pull that name off your shirt?
If it were me, I'd not in good conscience be able to promote them. But there might be contracts involved so bear that in mind.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I love them then hate them. When I see them helping out the 3 gun communitee Im very gracious. Then I see this and Im like WTF? Do you have to gouge everyday buyers to get the funds to support the sport?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Do you have to gouge everyday buyers to get the funds to support the sport?
This isn't raising money for the sport.
An almost 6x price increase due to panic buying is just plain screwing their customers.
I hope the people remember this kind of **** when it's all over, I sure will.

Look at Spikes Tactical, I know lots of folks that still wont buy from them because of the same thing during the last go round.

OlSlyGuy

Well-Known Fanatic
I've purchased my last item for them after this. how can they consider themselves to be a part of the firearms community?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I've purchased my last item for them after this. how can they consider themselves to be a part of the firearms community?
I'd like to see everyone take this stance & let them just sit on their inventory, unfortnately that won't happen.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
I haven't ordered from them in at least 8 years. I bought 1k of 9mm ammo from them the last time.

There are other ways to curb demand, like setting a purchase limit. Breaking it off in your customer is just wrong.
And Tony, I never forgot Spikes but a whole bunch of people did. They totally hosed their distributors AND their customers last time and I don't even care enough to look this time around.
Someone has a Spikes lower on GB at $340 as of a few minutes ago. Freaking amazing...

OlSlyGuy

Well-Known Fanatic
I realize BS is a rather small group of shooting enthusiasts but cant we use our nearly 3000 members to send a message to CTD? Perhaps even partnering up with other shooting forums to boost our numbers. there's a lot of talk on here about individuals talking to businesses, state representatives etc. is BS or any of the other forum doing anything like this?

Maybe i'm falling into the knee jerk reaction group but i just cant take this lying down...

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
The ***** of it is, the big guys like this are the only one's that have any inventory.
As soon as the frenzy started they used they're buying levereage to allocate all inventory at the distr. level.
I can't get anything right now, other than what I already had on order. My distributors aren't even taking orders now.

dennishoddy

I was going to pull the trigger on a shotgun from ctd. Their catalog listed it at 597.00. When I checked it yesterday, they had already jacked the price up $100. I refuse to be taken advantage of.

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
Brownells has frequently placed a purchase limit on things like glock 19 mags or pmags. I'm fine with that, I can't believe shooters buy from these places that do this kind of stuff.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't buy from them, never have and for dang sure won't ever start! I like to support the local folks and sometimes order on-line. See I have a choice on who I spend my money with. When people decide to try to make a buck and screw over their customers I wish nothing but them to go out of business, I hope that is not too harsh of me as I'd sure hate to upset anyone lol Later,

Kirk

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
Budsgunshop.com looks to be down as well..

I think their site is just experiencing extreme traffic and having problems keeping up. I found a DD AR in stock and it let me add it to the cart and start going through the checkout process.

As to CTD, I'm not sure what to make of all of this. They've certainly created a stir, though.

Latest posts