Charter Arms Revolvers

ocphy

Well-Known Fanatic
Looking for information and experiences with Charter Arms revolvers.

ocphy

Well-Known Fanatic
Maybe I should just go ahead and get one then we can review (looking for any excuse to buy something)

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I have only had one (Undercover) some time ago and they are solid. A friend of mine, Mike Ray (username) carried one for quite a while and liked it. Maybe he will chime in.

The ones I have handled personally seemed to be very well made and are a step above the Taurus revos (which are actually pretty good)

redneck1861

No, I didn't get arrested
I had a Charter Arms Bulldog last year, it was a nice solid gun. I sold it only because it was too damn expensive to shoot it. and I will not carry a revolver

DutchWrangler

Well-Known Fanatic
Bought this Charter Arms "Pink Lady" for my Canadian wife at H&H last year. She has never held a handgun before and was amazed at the selection available as well as the ease of purchasing a firearm. Being married to her is a hoot as she discovers what life in the US is like since she's basically married to a redneck yahoo (me). :)

Picture1488.jpg

Can't say how it performs as she's not had a chance to shoot it. And I won't as it's her gun exclusively and I want her to be the first to shoot it once she finally gets moved down here.

Biggsly

Well-Known Fanatic
I have had a couple of them in the past. I never had a problem with them. I would not be afraid to buy another.

ocphy

Well-Known Fanatic
my Charter Arms Patriot .327 federal mag will be here Wed... I will post up pics and impressions hopefully next weekend.

samson86

Active Fanatic
i get nervous with charter arms mainly because their so cheaply priced. i know thats stupid, but the first exposure i had to them was at a gun show, and they were like 200 bucks?? made me think of HI-POINT a little bit.

davek

Active Fanatic
I shot a .44 Bulldog when they first came out in the '70s. I liked it, it was a big thump rather than a sharp recoil like a .357 mag. I think it would be excellent for up close and personal defense.
I'm looking forward to a review of the .327 mag version.
If I ever run across a .44 Bulldog with a bobbed hammer when I have the cash to buy it I will. Never had the cash and the revolver available at the same time so far.

ldp4570

Well-Known Fanatic
Well they'er not Smith & Wesson's or Colt's, the quality is somewhat better than Taurus. Charter Arms has had its up's and down's over the years having switched hands through several different companies, and names. The latest ones seem to be really good guns, and in alot of different offerings. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of their new products!

CharlieWH2O

Fanatic
I carried a Bulldog years ago. Putting rounds through it on the range eventually meant tapping pins back in. Served me well and never had a misfire.

ocphy

Well-Known Fanatic
Picked up the .327 last week. I have a lot of test going on at school right now so I won't be able to get out and shoot it until Spring Break. I will try to post up some pictures in the next few days.

Stingray

Active Fanatic
I've never owned one, but was not really impressed with the one time I shot one. I'm really a S&W fan at heart though. Quality did not seem anything like as nice as my Smiths. To be fair though, the one I shot was pretty old and didn't seem to have been vary well taken care of.

-S

chas

Fanatic
I've had several of them over the years with no major issues. My wife has a stainless off duty 38 spl, she likes it and it has been 100% reliable.

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
I had an Undercover as Burk said and it ran great. It was my EDC in aDesantis Apache ankle rig when wearing business clothes and my BUG otherwise. Mine had a spurless hammer so was a good pocket gun as well.

ocphy

Well-Known Fanatic
well I finally got out to shoot the charter arms patriot .327, I am happy to say that I had no issues with the weapon, although I am no revolver expert by any means it seems to be a well built gun. For me it fits my hand well, but with the .32 federal mag rounds it kicks pretty good. I spent a little while shooting some .32 H&R mag rounds to get a better feel for the gun without all the kick. I will continue to shoot it and update with any problems or other information.

My wife shot it once and handed it back to me (had the .327 rounds in it), but later I talked her into shooting some of the .32 H&Rs and she didn't think it was too bad. As far as the .327 round goes it is a hot one. Anyone interested in the round should probably shoot one first. and since I have the charter arms pistol and a ruger new model blackhawk anyone interested in shooting one of them and in tulsa area feel free to contact me.

BobWill

I Can't Feel My Legs
I had a bulldog back in the 70's and another one about 2 years ago..it's not if but when I own another one it won't be leaving my side I like the size and love the 44 spl. round