Changing trigger pull on a 1911

D

DurningDefenseCustoms

sound like I need to start offering smiff classes then. :banned:

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
sound like I need to start offering smiff classes then. :banned:

Sir,

As was stated both your and JT's comments are valid. Not dismissing the risk and safety concerns. Like you pointed out money is tight and many like the pride from diy or their self as it may.

Glad your around to share your knowledge and concerns.

D

DurningDefenseCustoms

I am not sure if I am going to offer any schooling to anyone just yet, So I will spare everyone the boring resume. :rtfm:

D

DurningDefenseCustoms

Lets have a poll,

who would be intrested in lets say a one day Trigger Job class? since that the hot topic.

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
I would be interested in anything 1911 gunsmith related. I'm not sure how my schedule would work out, and there is the distance between us, but this is something I've been interested in for a couple of years. If you build it they will come.

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
I probably wouldn't pay specifically for a trigger job, but what about a "Stand in" fee... IE, if I was paying you $100 for a trigger job on my 1911 (no idea what the real cost is, just a number), then say have a 10%, 25% or such upcharge that the person could pay to stand in and watch the work performed, and ask questions.

That may not be reasonable, but just a thought.

D

DurningDefenseCustoms

My trigger jobs are 125.00, and include a new trigger in the price.

as for the lesson, It could be arranged.

BobWill

I Can't Feel My Legs
I don’t have the experience of some of you guys, But as a gunsmith student at Murray State I would suggest suck it up and pay a gunsmith to do all trigger jobs unless you know what you’re doing. There are too many things involved. A good polish job sometimes is much better that replacing parts.

PICK ONE
  1. Fast
  2. Cheap
  3. good