Cerakote Projects

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
I finally had a few evenings at home during the week, so I decided to do a little spraying. The Kahr slide/barrel is another members, but the AR is my Beowulf build that is only waiting on a brake before I finally get it put together. The slide, small parts, and AR are done in Sniper Gray and the barrel was done in graphite black.

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
It's not hard if you have all the equipment. The prep work takes up most of the time. Now I need something to try the Blue Titanium on.

1. Degrease.
2. Blast with aluminum oxide.
3. Blow off dust.
4. Degrease.
5. Heat in oven for 20 minutes to make sure there is no oil left.
6. Spray with HVLP gun.
7. Bake in oven for 2 hours at 250.

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
I would do it just for the sheer awesomeness of the project. Too bad I don't have any burnt bronze, that would be ultimate HP! I do have some white KG.......

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
yeah.......you probably shouldn't do it in your wife's oven.
Brad actually built a pretty kick ass oven in his garage out of some misc. parts......that's just badass!!!!

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
Nope, I went all out and built an oven out of a large gun cabinet, PID controller, oven elements, duct board, high-temp gasket sealant, J-type thermocouple, etc..... I can actually bake quite a bit of stuff at the same time, including long barreled actions and long shotgun barrels. There should be a thread around here on my oven build. I have added a few upgrades since the original design.

Howd the front sight make it through the cure? Look ok?
Let me know if you need another one; i think I have a few here.

bsmith918

Well-Known Fanatic
The front sight was fine. He is going to get new sights, but wanted to leave it on until he did so. I wasn't sure how that sight was going to hold up though and was prepared to start over if it melted.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
The front sight is fine. I think I'm gonna replace it with an XS big dot anyways.
When I get back home and get it put back together I'll post more pics.

Latest posts