Central OK 2-gun?

Wedelj1231

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't have the money to buy a shotty for 3-gun (no, I don't have an 870 lying around), nor the cash to purchase the ancillary gear to support one. Besides that, I could compete in Tac Ops tomorrow. So you my question: Is anyone running or planning a rifle & pistol match around here?

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Monthly 2-Gun match in Fort Smith at Old Fort Gun Club. 3-hour drive, very good gun club.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Buy a shotgun. You'll be glad you did.

Or borrow one from one of us to try 3-gun. Then you'll be willing to turn tricks down on MLK blvd. to make money to pay for one.

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
There is also the Pawnee Run-and-Gun. It is a 2 gun(rifle/pistol) competition combined with a 5k or 10k hike/run. They have one in the winter and one in the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
Oil Capital Rod and Gun Club had a 2 gun match in Broken Arrow once a month on a Sunday.

silver star

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah, If you are in OKC you need to shoot the local 3 gun.
The guys there are awesome on loaning what you need.
And all of the stuff is top shelf quality.
If nothing else you get to test drive, " the good stuff".

Wedelj1231

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
Buy a shotgun. You'll be glad you did.

Or borrow one from one of us to try 3-gun. Then you'll be willing to turn tricks down on MLK blvd. to make money to pay for one.
I could have been getting paid this whole time? Why didn't anyone tell me???

I'll have to try out the local 3-gun matches. See if a scattergun will be worth it.

RigPig

Well-Known Fanatic
There are a lot of folks in 3-gun who have a loaner/back-up shotgun they'd be happy to let you use. Before you head to a match, post here or find the match thread and ask to borrow one and some caddies. I'm sure you'll find a few at your disposal.

FortyMikeMike

Well-Known Fanatic
BrandonM(TWSS) said:
Oil Capital Rod and Gun Club had a 2 gun match in Broken Arrow once a month on a Sunday.
They do? Might have to check that out. I know they've got a rifle range but their bays seem a bit small for rifle action.

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
MikeF said:
They do? Might have to check that out. I know they've got a rifle range but their bays seem a bit small for rifle action.
It's called the practical rifle match. It's closer to idpa with a rifle and a few pistol shots. Most stages take place in the 25yd bays. Sometimes they use the 50 yd bay. It's different than 3 gun type shooting, a little slower, reloads behind cover, starting stages with 3 rounds in a mag to force mag changes, forced weak side shooting, slicing the pie, etc. still a very fun match though.

Tech

Well-Known Fanatic
dennishoddy said:
If a match director would put on a two gun rimfire pistol and rifle for the masses, they would make a fortune.
They are just starting this at our range. We will see how it goes. it sounds fun, but I already got enough other things going on with steel challenge USPSA & 3 gun that I'm going to have to pick this one to not shoot

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
I've found a landowner near Tulsa who's willing to host a 2-gun match a few times a year starting out. If it's popular, he and I would both be willing to look at a bi-monthly schedule. The format would be a cross-country scramble similar to Run N Gun. Shooters will step off of the start line with everything they need to run the course and do a timed 1- to 2-mile loop at their leisure, shooting 4 to 6 stages of paper and steel along the way. Distances will range from 3 to about 300m.

It's not quite Central OK, but we'll try to make it worth the drive. We'll have a later start than normal to allow those from OKC and beyond to avoid having to awake in the wee hours to get there. If we end up going bi-monthly we'll try to have one big match per year with prizes. Along those lines, I've also considered ONLY doing one big one a year, modeled loosely off of both the Run N Gun format and that of Kurt's old High Plains matches (but with the two guns). If we do that or the one big match thing, we'll likely cut the entry fee significantly for those bringing a toy, and get the Marine Reserve folks involved as a Toys for Tots event.

Wedelj1231

Well-Known Fanatic
I would be willing to make the drive, and I could convince at least one more guy to make the come with me.

Latest posts