CCI .22LR Quiet

Kim

Fanatic
I was about to order some and then noticed the 710 FPS with 40 Grain Bullet. Almost certainly will not work in semi-auto's, both rifle and pistol. 68 decibels claimed. I'm going to go ahead and order some anyway. Revolver and a vintage single shot Winchester, if nothing else.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I just got some. I need to try it in my 22/45 this weekend. I don't mind single shot because i hold the action closed when suppressed for the utmost silence sometimes.

Professor

Well-Known Fanatic
They make a segmented hollow point version, part number 0064. It is awesome on small varmints. The same design is made in a supersonic version that is still pretty quite out of a suppressed pistol. Part number 0074.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
It won't run in my MKIII 22/45 but it will run in my CMMG .22 kit for the AR.
It's insanely quiet on my Savage MKII FVSR with the suppressor. All I hear is the click of the hammer.

SGW Gunsmith

Well-Known Fanatic
Kim said:
I was about to order some and then noticed the 710 FPS with 40 Grain Bullet. Almost certainly will not work in semi-auto's, both rifle and pistol. 68 decibels claimed. I'm going to go ahead and order some anyway. Revolver and a vintage single shot Winchester, if nothing else.
I've been working with the CCI Quiet ammunition quite a lot since it first became available. I went through a lot of trial and error with trying to get a Ruger Mark pistol bolt machined light enough to function the CCI Quiet ammunition. I also went through quite an array of lighter weight recoil springs. I soon realized that a steel bolt would not be the material of choice for the bolt, it needed to be much lighter, and still be safe to use. A factory Ruger Mark pistol bolt weighs, on average. 5-ounces, including all of its components. The bolt, now in my Ruger Mark III 22/45 weighs a bit less than 2 ½ ounces, made from aircraft, heat-treatable aluminum. Bolts were weighed on a certified "postal scale". CCI Quiet functions perfectly through this pistol with this bolt, even with the suppressor attached, and so does the Federal:

Y1FdyTUl.jpg

Here is my Ruger 10/22 that now has a Volquartsen "FIREFLY" bolt installed. Again, this rifle will now fully function CCI Quiet ammunition ( 710 FPS ) along with Federal "SUPPRESSOR" ammunition at 970 FPS. When suppressed, both brands of ammunition are scary quiet. Prior to switching the 10/22 factory bolt to the FIREFLY aluminum bolt, the CCI Quiet ammunition would stovepipe more often that function fully. With the factory bolts in use, other Ruger 10/22 rifles, a Mossberg 715 and a Marlin Model 60 both malfunctioned with stove-pipes occuring on a regular basis with the CCI Quiet. The Federal Suppressor ammunition functioned much better with the rifles in factory, un-modified condition.

exI6V8xl.jpg

Latest posts