Caught a Poacher, and the results.

dennishoddy

In 2011, I left the house and saw a suspicious vehicle on my isolated country road. The driver and passenger were focused on a dead buck in the wheat field. Since it wasn't season, I called a friend that is a GW. he only lives a mile away, and got there pretty quick. Busted the guys for poaching deer, and a host of other charges that added up to 16 grand or so.
Seems the guy has been busted many times before, and afterward. His rap sheet is 5 pages long.
I'll blank out the name, but this guy is a waste of oxygen. He's been in jail since March from what I was told yesterday.

This is only the last two pages. The formal charges were filed a month after the arrest.

Osage

WL-2003-00672

12/04/2003

Defendant -
STATE OF OKLAHOMA vs.

HUNTING WITHOUT LANDOWNER CONSENT

Osage

WL-2003-00673

12/04/2003

Defendant - STATE OF OKLAHOMA vs.
HEADLIGHTING DEER

Osage

WL-2003-00674

12/04/2003

HUNTING WITHOUT REQUIRED BLAZE ORANGE

Osage

WL-2011-00013

02/14/2011

Defendant - STATE OF OKLAHOMA vs. SHOOTING FROM A PUBLIC ROAD

Osage

WL-2011-00014

02/14/2011

Defendant -
STATE OF OKLAHOMA vs.
UNLAWFULLY POSSESS DEER HEAD

Osage

WL-2011-00015

02/14/2011

WANTON WASTE, REMOVED ANTLERS FROM A DEER AND ABANDON THE BODY

Osage

WL-2011-00016

02/14/2011

Defendant -
STATE OF OKLAHOMA vs.
HUNTING DEER DURING CLOSED SEASON

Osage

WL-2011-00017

02/14/2011

Defendant -
STATE OF OKLAHOMA vs.
HUNTING WITH THE AID OF A MOTOR VEHICLE

Osage

WL-2011-00018

02/14/2011

Defendant -

STATE OF OKLAHOMA vs. UNLAWFULLY POSSESS WILDLIFE 10PT BUCK DEER

Osage

WL-2011-00019

02/14/2011

Defendant -
STATE OF OKLAHOMA vs. SHOOTING FROM A PUBLIC ROAD

Osage

WL-2011-00020

02/14/2011

Defendant -
STATE OF OKLAHOMA vs.
HUNTING DEER DURING CLOSED SEASON

Osage

WL-2011-00021

02/14/2011

Defendant -
STATE OF OKLAHOMA vs.
HUNTING WITH THE AID OF A MOTOR VEHICLE

Osage

WL-2011-00095

12/06/2011

Defendant -
STATE OF OKLAHOMA vs.
HUNTING WITH THE AID OF A MOTORIZED VEHICLE

Osage

WL-2011-00096

12/06/2011

HEADLIGHTING

Osage

WL-2011-00097

12/06/2011

Defendant -
STATE OF OKLAHOMA vs.
HUNT DEER DURING CLOSED SEASON

Osage

WL-2011-00098

12/06/2011

Defendant -
STATE OF OKLAHOMA vs.

SHOOTING FROM A PUBLIC ROAD

Pontotoc

CRM-1981-00284

Wildcat

Well-Known Fanatic
Holy $&;t! Glad you spotted him and called the warden. The wonton waste pisses me off even more than the poaching (only slightly more).

dennishoddy

During deer season only, unless you have a permit for deprevation hunts.
He is a road hunting maggot, that ruins the experiece and the opportunity to take a great deer by a legal hunter.

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't understand poaching period. How can they not charge this scum with a felony and take his right to bear arms. He has committed a number of gun crimes and obviously hasn't learned his lesson.

dennishoddy

Nice job, Dennis!

I have to give the credit to the Oklahoma Game Warden, Larry Green. He lives a mile from me,(where the offense occured) and had just worked all night on another case, just getting to bed when I called. It would have been very easy to not answer the phone, and rolled over, but he did his job, and took the call.
I was just an observer, and he started putting the dots together.
I don't understand how this poacher is still on the street with 1st degree burglery, and other cases.

hermnrob

Well-Known Fanatic
Well nice job to you and the Warden. Poaching Is a big problem, most of the idiots around here believe when you purchase a rifle you have a license to kill no matter what time of day or yr. I'm not going to talk for hours about how sh!tty the justice system is but the punishment needs to fit the crime. I hear it from friends in law enforcement it's the revolving door with the same people.

Adam Striegel

Well-Known Fanatic
I'll never understand the lazy bastards that shoot off the road... If you're going to go hunting, get off your ass and go beat the bushes. Hunting should be a sport with some challenge.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
I'll never understand the lazy bastards that shoot off the road... If you're going to go hunting, get off your ass and go beat the bushes. Hunting should be a sport with some challenge.

i agree now, but back when i was trying to be in a gang i wasn't tough enough to do a drive by on an actual person, so i just did a drive by on a groundhog, but it was tough to see my front sight with my gun turned sideways, popped off about 10 rounds, but never did connect and the groundhog got away, i never did get into that gang :(

imhntn

Founding Member
Ben, Ben, Ben...what are we going to do with you? I'm not sure we can be friends now that I know you were not hard enough to be in a gang. I'm proud of Dennis the poacher buster though. Get some more Dennis!

dennishoddy

Thats where I got the info from the first post.
Interesting that I got an update from the arresting GW this week. His troubles are not over.
He has spent most of a year in the Kay county jail because he can't pay the restitution that Okla requires now. On top of not paying restitution for the two poached deer ($16000.00) and his fines, he got busted for some drugs and spousal abuse.
In addition, they confiscated his smart phone, and got pics of 8 more deer that he poached, and some of deer in buddy's locations. They used the pics to get GPS locations/dates, and found the carcasses where he cut the heads off, and left the bodies. Right around my house. They are in the process of getting charges for the additional deer, and are investigating his drug buddy's that were with him. He was released from Kay county jail a month ago, but Osage county filed on him before he got out, so he was transported to Osage county.

I don't want to post his name. One of these days he will get out, and I don't need any trouble.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
I grew up just north of Kay County and my family still lives down there. I don't know what it is, but there seems to be a few road poachers in that county. I used to see them creep up into Kansas during your rifle opening weekend.

dennishoddy

charger arms said:
I grew up just north of Kay County and my family still lives down there. I don't know what it is, but there seems to be a few road poachers in that county. I used to see them creep up into Kansas during your rifle opening weekend.
We are infested with them. My hunting ground is in Grant county, just a little west. I spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars puttiing in food plots, habitat, controlled burns, etc to enhance the hunting opportunity and some road hunting maggot that has nothing invested comes by after dark and shoots the deer I've been watching for a year. Its not right.

Latest posts