Cast lead data for moly bullets?

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
So I was yelling at some damn kids, telling them to get off my lawn and take their baggy pants and raps music with them, when I overheard them saying that all the hip young kids are shooting moly-coated bullets now.

From what I can tell, all the moly bullet companies use the same Magma Engineering molds as everyone else. The only difference is they're coated in some secret blend of herbs, spices, and molybdenum disulfide instead of lubed. So, assuming that I get moly-coated bullets of the same weight and profile as my cast lead bullets, I should be able to just substitute them for the lead bullets without changing anything else, right?

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Good place to start and adjust from there unless your maxed out then start low and work back up.

I have had bullets look like they are from RCBS and Lyman. One or the other could had been copied.

They run the same for me, but the Lyman style loads easier because the base is beveled in the 147s anyway.

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
All the offerings I've seen were Magma bullets coated with stuff. Precision has a few different molds though cause they don't have lube grooves.

They run a little faster than lead for me but not much .

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Cool. I'll try to get my hands on a sample pack of 147gr Bayou bullets and see what's up.

Neva bin dun befo

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I use the same recipe for Hard Cast Lead & Coated

Latest posts