Sold/Expired Casio Masters of G: Riseman, Gulfman, Mudman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deacon

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm realigning the watch collection, so I thought I'd share.
All 3 are VERY well kept, but they do have minor wear marks. G's are meant to be WORN! They all have their box, packaging, and even the sale tags. They're not as dirty as they might appear in the pics, but they'll be clean before I send them out

Asking prices:
GW9200 Riseman - $150.00
GW9100 Gulfman - $90.00
GW9000 Mudman - $80.00

If you have any questions or offers, feel free to drop me a line. Not looking for trades at the moment.
I'll meet you anywhere locally, or mail it to you for a couple bucks.

IMG_6731.jpg

IMG_6729.jpg

IMG_6727.jpg

IMG_6725-1.jpg

Deacon

Well-Known Fanatic
To answer some questions for the people out there who aren't up on the tech-watch-specs, here is some more info.

I got these primarily for shooting / military wear, and G-shocks in general have fit the bill better than most others I've tried. I chewed through timex like pez, and others are more form than function. In general, these watches are tougher than the people wearing them.

The Riseman (GW9200, with the red circle) is a true dial-sensor watch so it has a barometer and a altimiter. The sensors have seemed to be accurate when I compare to other devices, but they're not "benchmark" accurate. The barometer actually seems REAL accurrate to me, but the altimiter moves in 20' increments. Both are close enough that when combined with a map, they're an unfair advantage for mountain nav. I know the sensors can be adjusted but I'm not sure how. The book is nearly an inch thick, I might try reading it one day. It's a multi-band 6 watch, meaning it receives time calibration signals and corrects the time automatically via one of six atomic clock transmission stations: two in Japan and one each in North America, the United Kingdom and Germany, plus the new station in China.

The Gulfman (GW9100, black and silver) is a lot more simple, but its all titanium construction is designed for more salty locales.

The Mudman is just basically, low profile, tough as nails, and impervious to the elements.

Both of the latter are multi-band 5. For time keeping, you just adjust it to your time zone and DST, and it does the rest. All three are solar powered and can operate for something like months without sun exposure. They're also 20BAR water resistant, that's 200 meters folks. If you get down to 200 meters underwater and you're wearing one of these it probably wasn't on purpose.

I'm getting sellers remorse as I type this; someone needs to find a home for these before I change my mind.

Deacon

Well-Known Fanatic
Step up to the plate fellas! Don't sell yourselves short! These watches aren't even close to the casio Pathfinder or Suunto Core.
Every man needs a tool-grade timepiece.

Deacon

Well-Known Fanatic
$135.00 for the Riseman, $140.00 Shipped insured
$80.00 for the mudman, $85.00 Shipped insured

That's about as low as I'll go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts