Carrying Handgun while traveling

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
Since the pandemic hit, I've stayed off planes. So far we've driven a fair portion of the East Coast to see family. However I'm interested to hear what some if some of you ever consider not carrying while traveling. Especially when we traveled to Connecticut and driving through NYC. I try to always check out the laws of the states that I'm going through, and the trip to the North made me especially nervous.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I would rather be tried by 12, than carried by 6. ;)
Don't leave home without it.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
I always carry when traveling! Although I've never traveled north through those areas. Most always have multiple firearms on me and with me, also take lock boxes and safes for storage on the trip and during the stay.

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Peoples Republic of California (Northern)
My flying is to mostly gun friendly states(thank God) AZ, TX, NV & FL and such. The airlines that frequent those are pretty used to people checking in guns. Just make sure you declare it at the check-in counter and in an approved locked box(easy) that goes into your check-in baggage. As Soon as I get to my rental car I'M PACKING. When I went to D.C I didn't even bother.

Bad Wolf

Well-Known Fanatic
I try to avoid flying and the anti gun states whenever possible. I've only been into NY state a maybe 3 or 4 times in the last 25 or so years. I usually head either south or west when I travel and most often have protection with me. I have no intention of ever going to the west coast again for anything, so most of the places I might go will be okay with my choice to carry.

Latest posts