Carrygun Match July 15th and Championship Preview

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Of the 46 matches held at Heartland, only 3 have significantly gone past 10pm.

One of those was the second match, the surprise flashlight stage (which is why we've never done another one)

The second was due to unexpected high turnout, the third due to a lop-sided number of new shooters on the same squad.

C'mon guys, have a little faith!

kimberst245

Well-Known Fanatic
Had a pretty good time tonight. Wish I had a snubbie for the next match. I guess I could just soot my revolver for kicks and no prize or standing?

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
Would have been sooner if it hadn't been for that OTHER squad. Good match. Someone should have tried my snub, you might be spending the $50 gift certificate instead of me.

PDN

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks for a great match David.
I appreciate the ROs and Benjamin with the scoring.

Missed Burke last night... Although things moved along at a little faster pace.

Also, several asked about SandE.. Maybe she can make a match when she's here in September.

-Paul

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
good match... was nice to have the .22 pickup and thanks to Mike Cox and Wes Boles for running the squads...

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Had a pretty good time tonight. Wish I had a snubbie for the next match. I guess I could just soot my revolver for kicks and no prize or standing?

THE SNUBBY CHAMPIONSHIP IS ALSO A REGULAR CARRYGUN MATCH!!!

You'll still be eligible for most of the donated prizes and certificates!!!!

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
THE SNUBBY CHAMPIONSHIP IS ALSO A REGULAR CARRYGUN MATCH!!!

You'll still be eligible for most of the donated prizes and certificates!!!!

Screw it, if they ain't shooting snub, shouldn't be getting any ticket stub. What's the point of having a snubby championship, then giving prizes to those not shooting snubby? I say keep all the bounty for those of us willing to shoot snubby. :rtfm:

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
There are several prizes designated "snubby only."

I did allow the folks contributing prizes to stipulate how they are to be awarded. I can't go against their wishes and expect their support at future matches.

Snubby shooters have DOUBLE the chance at winning a prize: the designated prizes and the "at large" prizes.

No one but snubby shooters will be getting awards.

I will consider "category specific" stipulations for future prize matches, but the donations would likely suffer tremendously.

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
I'm just trying to stir the pot, I just shoot for the pleasure of seeing if I can hit deltas. It's actually a smaller area of the target than that big old easy A zone.

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
I wish I had a snubby to shoot! At that match but I probally don't have the ammo to make it through the match with my regular carry/competition gun.

Latest posts