Carrygun Exchange Challenge

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
How good are you with a strange gun you've never fired before?

I've been thinking about this for over a year and thought December would be a good time to execute this challenge:

Put your name in the hat to be paired with someone you'll swap guns with. You'll both shoot the match with the strange gun.

The gun needs to be a Carrygun, as opposed to a full blown Racegun (or maybe not, let's get some comments)

The caveat would be that the gun you give the other guy will be the gun YOU shoot at the other December match. Scores will be compared.

Only those that participate will be eligible for the first certificate drawing at each Dec match.

For example, I draw Benjamin and he swaps his XDM for my Beretta 92, etc.

Who's in?

Rickc1st

Well-Known Fanatic
The gun needs to be a Carrygun, as opposed to a full blown Racegun (or maybe not, let's get some comments)

I know a few of the guys that come to this match have very nice 2011 race guns that I would love to shoot!

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
My concern with the Raceguns is the light, short trigger that may be a bit of a surprise to someone used to shooting a Sigma or something similar. That's why I want names drawn in advance.

Rickc1st

Well-Known Fanatic
Maybe there should be two hats to draw from race gun and carry gun. That way everyone knows what they are getting into.

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Keep in mind, YOU will shoot one of the matches with the same gun you put up for exchange.

Some guys have over $3000 put into their racegun. Were that me, that wouldn't be the gun I'd put up. Obviously, it wouldn't be my Carrygun, either.

If you shoot a racegun at the matches, but carry a snub or pocket auto in real life, then I suggest you put up the actual carrygun to swap.

This is strictly for fun and, perhaps, some edification.

Rickc1st

Well-Known Fanatic
It will be fun either way. I need to get some more mags for my pm9.

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm in, sounds interesting.
I think the newness/strangeness will probably only be extremely evident on the first stage we shoot with the strange gun. I think Most people will be able to adapt to the new weapon very quickly.
What happens if someone doesn't make both matches?

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
What happens if someone doesn't make both matches?

Then that'll suck.

Part of the intrigue of this is to see if the other guy does better with YOUR gun than you do.

The other side of that is to see if YOU can do better with the strange gun than the owner does.

I'm thinking the first December match will be the one you shoot your own gun. I'll do the drawing to match folks up for the Exchange match two weeks later.

If someone can't make the second match, I'll see what I can do to provide the challenge for those left high and dry.

Another idea is to do this the same night. Shoot Stages 1 and 2 with your gun, reshoot them with the exchange gun.......that'll work better, actually.

Then two weeks later, we can swap partners and do it again with different guns.

Thoughts?

Latest posts