Carry choice w/ suit

ToolBox

Well-Known Fanatic
The more i look at the holsters from troy the more i'm thinking IWB.
This one looks like it will meet all my needs for the match req. I can use the one i have for all the rest.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I am reviving my old thread because this is the week that I attend the Oklahoma Society of Land Surveyors Annual Convention and about the only time I wear a suit anymore.

Does anyone have any new thoughts on carrying while wearing a suit?

I can carry about anything I want under a suit jacket or a sport coat BUT as we have discussed, you can't ever take your coat off.

Thursday I will try my "The Burk" holster from KyTac and use the tuckable feature. Friday I will probably go with J-Frame pocket carry. And the last day I will be able to go casual and just wear my usual IWB and go un-tucked.

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
You surveyors must be rough group, my surveyor buddy is always packin' too.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I will confess to a MAJOR mistake on my part just so you guys might learn from it. I went into the bathroom stall at the conference center and unbuttoned my slacks just as I do with jeans EXCEPT dress slacks and wimpy dress belts don't offer the support for a gun that jeans do and my gun fell off my slacks and skipped across the floor of the stall in the holster! SON OF A B!TCH! I caught it before it got outside the stall, luckily.

I know this sounds like something you can joke about (feel free) but its a serious subject. Be extra careful when carrying your gun with flimsy dress pants.

Sincerely,
Pants Down in OKC

Joel Clouse

El Conquistador
At least it didn't go BANG, Burk! I would have hated to employ my ninja skills to drop through the ceiling just to get your back! Especially if you weren't in the Handi stall...that would be weird.

Joel Clouse

El Conquistador
When I took my wife out on our anniversary, I couldn't carry because of my attire. I got spiffed up in slacks and tie, looked liked Santorum with my sweater. I just held Mama a little bit closer as we walked downtown, hand close to her purse (and her glock)

henschman

Well-Known Fanatic
Kel Tec P3AT in a pocket holster. The issue I run into is that a lot of my suit pants have pockets that are much looser than my jeans... so sometimes the holster wants to come out with the pistol when I draw. For this reason I sometimes carry it in my back pocket. My pocket holster is pretty padded, so it doesn't bother me too much to have to sit on the gun.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Old thread that I like to revive every spring when my Land Surveyor's conference happens. This year, there is one significant difference, OPEN CARRY. I might just go with my normal carry gun and if it peeks out of my suit coat, oh well!

Any of you guys had any new carry experiences in a suit over the last year?

2013-01-31_14-43-19_773.jpg

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
I wear a sport coat on Sundays quite regularly.

One of mine is a little more fitted, and until I work my gut back off, I'll be carrying IWB with it. My other jacket is a little more loosely fit. I carry a G19 OWB with it. Usually just a hair behind 3:00. I have carried my Govt sized 1911 OWB with it too, or my N-frame Smith. Pretty easy to hide a gun under a suit jacket.

Latest posts