Carry Belt

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
Just curious what you guys are using as a carry belt as I am in the market for one, Preferably under $45 but will take any suggestions. My current walmart belt is a little flaccid and I was hoping for one that either had extra stiffener or even the manly versions that are stiff all on their own.

Fire away.

kdf9511

Well-Known Fanatic
I just went by Tractor Supply and picked up the heaviest work belt they had.

What I really want is a dual layer leather belt from Motorola. Since it's stiff enough to cart around a HT600 all day it going to be fine with my carry gun. It's great since you can snap it apart to get the holster on or off and slip the clip of in IWB holster between the layers for total concealment. I need to either dig through my boxes and find mine or just order up one a new one.

http://www.radioparts.com/motorola-carry-4200865599

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Here is one opinion. Looper makes a variety of styles and colors with a Kydex layer. They are VERY stiff. The only downside is you should replace the buckle with a roller buckle so it won't break the kydex

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
I use a motorcycle belt, but am going to also start using my Wilderness Tactical belt. If you get a Wilderness belt, order 2 waist sizes over your actual waist size.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Here is one opinion. Looper makes a variety of styles and colors with a Kydex layer. They are VERY stiff. The only downside is you should replace the buckle with a roller buckle so it won't break the kydex

I use the looper belt and wish I had changed the buckle a long time ago. The kydex is cracked underneath the buckle and the buckle is showing rust from touching my skin in the summer, but the rest of the belt is fine and holds the holster very secure all day long.

I think blackhawk makes a similar belt too.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody

My black Looper belt is stiffer than my Beltman belt but the finish hasn't held up well at all. My brown one looks fine, but that might just be because I don't wear brown shoes as often.

Podman

Well-Known Fanatic
Don Hume has some nice heavy duty carry belts. I have two of them that I have had for years and also a Wilderness belt which is a good belt too. I would think any of the holster makers belts would be a good carry belt too.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Ok so I am thinking the Easy-Fit Original Instructor Belt from the Wilderness What I cant decide is should i get the 5 stitch or the CMS with the polymer insert?

Wilderness said:
The Easy-Fit Original Instructor Belt offers simplified sizing for those who do not carry a belt-mounted weapon and don't mind an extra length of belt tongue on their dominant side.

I'm probably missing something really obvious, but I thought having a belt-mounted weapon was the whole point of a gun belt.

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm probably missing something really obvious, but I thought having a belt-mounted weapon was the whole point of a gun belt.
apparently I missed that part. Lower down it does say its good for concealed carry... well the original one is anyway, which in my size turns out to be +10 more. Guess I will have to keep looking or give them a call for accurate details.

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
Burk Cornelius said:
I'm with Matt, wish I'd done this.

I have a brown Looper, a Black 5.11 kydex, and a double layer custom leather belt.

I wear leather, so I haven't tried any of the nylon belts.

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
I wear either my Looper Leather with the kydex insert or my 5.11 Tactical Operator belt with the permastiff lining.

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
http://www.bullhidebelts.com/SuperBIO-Indestructible-Belt_p_550.html
This one seems like a decent Idea, as I find that I am accident prone and as such fall into mud water or spill such things on me. I really want one belt and to not have to worry about it if im working on the car or its raining or any of the other potential combinations of crap i get my self into.

anyone have any experience with this belt, or any comments or suggestions..

Please note I am still shopping and appreciate all the suggestions previous and future.

CH

TYRCJP

Fanatic
Wilderness csm(i think that's what it was called)is a great belt,it has a htp frame sheet in between two layers of mil web belt material. But as suggested earlier get ot two sizes larger then your pants size.

jeremys

Well-Known Fanatic
I have completely dorked out and wear my inner DAA belt all the time. Makes my dunlop disease easier to adjust.

I think this was on the "you know your a nut when..." thread. Made me laugh.

Latest posts