Can't say I didn't try to support our locals

taymoor

Skilled Lover
My girl went on a farmer's market shopping spree the other day. I was happy to see her supporting locals... until I ate what she bought.

The cantaloupe was lackluster and left my tongue confused and resentful
homemade tamales were dry and insulted the cornhusks in which they were steamed
the squash had an acceptable flavor but was small and clearly NOT genetically modified

C'mon oklahoma. I have faith. You're better than this.

Who else shops farmers' markets? Is there a better one than what we have in Stillwater?

imacgyver

Founding Member
honestly - vegetables in Oklahoma - It's like their watermelons - the Rushsprings watermelons are garbage - Every watermelon in GA tastes like God hand picked it himself.

imacgyver

Founding Member
Can't really blame the state I guess - the weather here is not typically ideal for growing vegetation.

I do have to commend them on such a great shooting community - the people and BBQ are amazing!

ToolBox

Well-Known Fanatic
I have watched the farmers market here dry up and its about to blow away. People just dont go anymore. Makes me mad because i do go and am loosing a good thing because of it.

Mitch Rapp

Well-Known Fanatic
I grow my own, and it all tastes wonderful. I have about a 300 sq ft garden, and you would be amazed at what all you can get out of that space.

teamacacia

Active Fanatic
Taymoor, was this the market that is in the east parking lot of St. Anthony hospital on Friday afternoon??? Just wondering as I have contemplated buying from it in the past.

bigfug

Active Fanatic
I went to Moore's the other day. My total was 6 dollars, handed the kid a twenty ( I say kid but he was HS/College aged). He counts out three 5's and starts thumbing through some 1's. Confuses himself, and has to bust out his smartphone and bring up the calculator app.....

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
We grow OKRA... get it, OKRA! . Sweet corn and 'maters cane be a crap shoot here.. too hot, too dry... to wet. But OKRA loves it here!

I am not sure where it all comes from... but the Outdoor Market in Dallas has a lot of good stuff year round
. Seems like someone could figure out how to get some of that stuff 2.5 hours north to OKC.

taymoor

Skilled Lover
Taymoor, was this the market that is in the east parking lot of St. Anthony hospital on Friday afternoon??? Just wondering as I have contemplated buying from it in the past.

No, I'm talking about the Stillwater Farmer's market

Latest posts