Cabela's is a good store

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
You have all of the remaining 1/8th lb of a certain powder in your reloading press hopper, and it is useless for your next recipe because you need to load countless thousands of a different projectile weight with a different powder than you are currently set up for. You need about 250 count of 147gr 9mm to use up the otherwise useless powder. Your homeboy several miles away has some projectiles for you to buy, but you're 1 minute away from a gun store. Upon arriving you find the store is closed early because they don't want money. Cabela's is walking distance from your house, and you think "****, their prices are probably bullshit. I bet they want money. They probably have exactly what I want." You go to Cabela's and they are open when they say they'll be open, and they have exactly what you want. In fact, they have almost everything you ever needed: gunpowder, primers, brass, projectiles. It is relatively expensive, but otherwise perfect. You buy it. It is exactly what you need.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I haven't been In a outdoor box store in forever. Love me some academy shotgun shells though!
Cabelas always had good online prices on ammo and projectiles. I even have/had a cabelas club visa for sometime.

Tech

Well-Known Fanatic
I really like Cabela's. I don't care for bass pro. Course I am more a hunter than fisherman. Seems like Cabela's has a better quality product, and more of what hunters really use.

ocphy

Well-Known Fanatic
I love the bargain cave! I always find something I don't need but some how can't leave without.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I had never been to Cabelas before this weekend. I like it. I bought a bunch of stuff

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk 5.3

dennishoddy

I like them better than BP, although the sale was final awhile back. Hopefully they will allow them to continue as a business unit autonomously.

dennishoddy

Wall said:
that never happens
Yep, the buyers usually screw them up. Cabellas was privately owned previously if I remember right. My wife is going through this now with the new company that bought hers.

She has 44 years seniority. In the top .1% of the company she works for with over 20 thousand employees, and is concerned for her future. The new company prefers low paid college grads vs those with higher pay.

Fortunately, none of those grads can come close to her expertise.

Tech

Well-Known Fanatic
dennishoddy said:
Yep, the buyers usually screw them up. Cabellas was privately owned previously if I remember right. My wife is going through this now with the new company that bought hers.

She has 44 years seniority. In the top .1% of the company she works for with over 20 thousand employees, and is concerned for her future. The new company prefers low paid college grads vs those with higher pay.

Fortunately, none of those grads can come close to her expertise.
Yep, Cabela's is a family company started in a small town here in Nebraska over 50 years ago. Dick Cabela started selling hand tied fishing flies in the newspaper and magazines and it grew from there. He passed away a couple years ago if I remember right. I read the Cabela family only owns 15% of the company and the next highest investor of 11% is pushing them to sell. No one really knows what the truth is, and what's going to happen around here.
I think that the headquarters employee around 2500 people in a town if 7,000. If corporate crap moves headquarters that little town will be a ghost town!

Nickoli

Fanatic
ocphy said:
I love the bargain cave! I always find something I don't need but some how can't leave without.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1 on the Bargain cave. Odd assortment of crap, but there's usually something I just can't live without.

dennishoddy

Was in OKC yesterday to help my sister get her new home generator hooked up. Stopped at Cabella's, and came out of there with the monstor meat grinder to end all grinders.
I process my own game, deer and elk. Been using a cheap plastic grinder that took a couple of evenings to make burger and then another couple of days to make sausage.
I'm thinking I can now drop a deer hind quarter in this beast all at once, and do it all! Holy mother of Grinders, this thing is awesome. :D
Going to need a ceiling mounted jib crane to lift this thing up to the counter.

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
If Bass Pro does buy out Cabela's, that will be one trip I won't have to make any more, that is if they don't shut it down like they did Sportsman's Warehouse. I have only been to Bass Pro two times too many. High prices, trigger locks, and limited selections of accessories is enough to keep me out.

Latest posts