C-More Railway vs. Vortex Venom

PeteMcGuire1881

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah, yeah. I know it's probably been beat to death but, let's drag the ol' dead mare out and kick her around some more. I'm looking at these two optics for my new PCC build. Both are fairly comparable in the price range if you compare the poly C-More railway. If I go with the aluminum C-More, it's close to $100.00 difference with the C-More being more expensive. Vortex has an unmatched warranty. C-More has a 1 year warranty. I have read reviews where the Venom can be difficult to pick up the dot due to a small reticle. I'm at a loss. Convince me one way or the other with justification to your reasoning, please.

What to do; What to do... :confuse:

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
The c-more does have a way bigger lens which makes it easy to find and does not obscure the view of the target. Personally I like that big window but on a rifle i never have an issue finding the dot in a micro like the venom because of the consistent cheek weld. Its much harder to find those smaller dots on a pistol because a slight angle or position change of you hands or a lean of the body around a barricade moves the gun out of your nature point of aim. The one thing i didnt like about the C-more was the flimsy mounting system. So i ordered a QD replacement deal from AMD. It wasn't cheap but it feel and looks so much better/solid.

PeteMcGuire1881

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
The c-more does have a way bigger lens which makes it easy to find and does not obscure the view of the target. Personally I like that big window but on a rifle i never have an issue finding the dot in a micro like the venom because of the consistent cheek weld. Its much harder to find those smaller dots on a pistol because a slight angle or position change of you hands or a lean of the body around a barricade moves the gun out of your nature point of aim. The one thing i didnt like about the C-more was the flimsy mounting system. So i ordered a QD replacement deal from AMD. It wasn't cheap but it feel and looks so much better/solid.
Have you used the Venom, Jesse? If I were to say "Pick one to put on this PCC" which would it be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jtischauser

I own a venom that I have on my Ruger 22/45. I definitely like the dot and the easy access to the buttons on the side.

I started with a Razor red dot on my PCC and swapped it out for my Eotech. I did't like the small lens on a rifle. That said all things optics are very much personal preference. What looks good to me may look like trash to you. Either one could win matches.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I have the Venom mounted on my 22/45 as well.
I used it for steel challenge last month and really liked it, I came in 4th or 5th don't remember.
The only complaint is have with it is its a 3 moa dot which was a bit small to pick up quickly with the sun shining, Wall told me though that they now make a 6 moa Venom so I'm gonna email vortex and see if they'll maybe let me swap it out.

I don't have experience with the C-more, but the open shooters seem to like them on their pistols.

Like Jesse, I've never had trouble finding a dot quickly with a rifle. It just seem to come to you once you get your face on the stock.

PeteMcGuire1881

Well-Known Fanatic
Matt Rigsby said:
I have the Venom mounted on my 22/45 as well.
I used it for steel challenge last month and really liked it, I came in 4th or 5th don't remember.
The only complaint is have with it is its a 3 moa dot which was a bit small to pick up quickly with the sun shining, Wall told me though that they now make a 6 moa Venom so I'm gonna email vortex and see if they'll maybe let me swap it out.

I don't have experience with the C-more, but the open shooters seem to like them on their pistols.

Like Jesse, I've never had trouble finding a dot quickly with a rifle. It just seem to come to you once you get your face on the stock.
Did you mount it with the included mount or another? I've read where guys thought the included mount was a bit low.

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
I put a venom on my pcc rifle and the included rail mount was very low. The sight itself seemed fine but in my humble opinion, the c-more is superior for this game. Bigger screen and dot seem to be the heat for uspsa.

Tech

Well-Known Fanatic
PeteMcGuire1881 said:
Did you mount it with the included mount or another? I've read where guys thought the included mount was a bit low.

I had to add a .65" riser to my razor to get it to line up.

Tech

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
I own a venom that I have on my Ruger 22/45. I definitely like the dot and the easy access to the buttons on the side.

I started with a Razor red dot on my PCC and swapped it out for my Eotech. I did't like the small lens on a rifle. That said all things optics are very much personal preference. What looks good to me may look like trash to you. Either one could win matches.
I think personal preference is right. I like EOtechs, but I felt that the razor had a thinner frame around the window and it's less like looking through a tunnel, so I like the 6moa razor better.

Professor

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
The one thing i didnt like about the C-more was the flimsy mounting system. So i ordered a QD replacement deal from AMD. It wasn't cheap but it feel and looks so much better/solid.
Jesse, do you have a picture of it with the AMD mount? Does it raise it any?

jtischauser

Rick Howell said:
Jesse, do you have a picture of it with the AMD mount? Does it raise it any?
I don't think so. Maybe a 1/16"??? I'd have to remember where I put the factory mount to know for sure.

jtischauser

Clay Gross said:
Optics planet said 1-3 months for the 6 MOA venom.
It usually doesn't take that long since vortex is only 75 miles north. But if vortex don't have them handy it may take awhile.

Brandon Deem

Well-Known Fanatic
I mounted a venom on my 22/45 with a tac solutions rail today. I ran out of windage adjustment to the right. Yall think the sight could be at fault, or is there something funky with my pistol?

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Brandon Deem said:
I mounted a venom on my 22/45 with a tac solutions rail today. I ran out of windage adjustment to the right. Yall think the sight could be at fault, or is there something funky with my pistol?
Make sure it's mounted square, loosen the mount and press it forward then tighten. I was really close to zero when first mounting mine.

Latest posts