Buyer Beware

Frost

Well-Known Fanatic
Found this on Long Range Hunting

Was surfing the web today in hopes of finding some IMR or Hodgons 4350 powder. After striking out on most of the sites if did find Alphex Firearms in Lawrence, Kansas "did" in fact have powder in 1 pound containers, and you could purchase as many pounds as you would like for like $30 a pound. I "almost" clicked the to order, but.....decided to do a little "due diligence" and try to get reviews. Nothing there, so called the Lawrence, Kansas police department and spoke to the OIC. The OIC in fact told me that Alphex Firearms is a legitimate firearms dealership and they do sell firearms; however, the web page is a scam. The OIC stated that the store owner, the Lawrence City police department and the ATFE are trying to shut the site down. Again Alphex Firearms is a legitimate business, but the web site is a scam using this company's information, and has nothing to do with this shop and this gun shop is legitimate. It does pay to do "due diligence" when dealing with the internet sales of reloading components.

mark_b

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks for the heads up. There are a few red flags to consider when ordering from new companies on the web:

having hard to get items in stock
no order limits
They don't take credit cards - this is because you can later dispute the charge and get your money back

My rule of thumb is that if it sounds too good to be true, it is.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
LRH is close to my heart, and the membership there is great for sure. Thanks for sharing.

crystalphoto

Well-Known Fanatic
A lot of these scam sites popping up lately. A good give-a-way is how they accept payments. Most of the bogus sites accept bitcoin and zelle (?) as payment, but no major bank cards that have charge back recourse... Keep in mind, that if they accept Paypal as Friends and Family, you will have no recourse if the deal goes south. Be aware.

Latest posts