Burris TAC-30 1-4 Cat tail?

pranavdc

Active Fanatic
I am looking for what cat tail to use on my above mentioned scope? Any help with which one or opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Jason

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I have a 3 gun stuff cattail on one of my tac30's and I just ordered a MGM switch view. MGM doesn't list one for the Tac30 but they tell me that one of the Leupold levers work. You to email them for assistance. They get back to you fast.

jtischauser

The MGM lever that fits the Tac30 is the Leupol CQ/T. I am hoping mine is waiting at home now.

I actually have a tac30 on my nordic .22, so I need one. Jesse, post up on how the mgm one looks and works.

jtischauser

3 gun stuff used to carry the Charlie drissel models. I had one on my Trijicon. They are nice too.

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
So you only buy 100% from people that sponsor 3GN? I sure dont see MGMSwitchview on the 3GN Sponsor list. Personally Id rather buy something htat is 100% made for the specific model I want vs ghetto rigging something because a sponsor ONCE donated something to a prize table.

Travis gibson of MGM has been featured on3gun nation before and he always does killer deals on target steel. Which is why I will wait until the discriminating JesseT gives us our review.

Unless you are trying to get Drissel here as a sponsor, in which case Ill buy 5-of drissels..

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
is MGM targets the same MGM Switchview folks? I see that now - Just saying my point is buy the one that is made for it. If MGM made one for the Tac-30 sure do it in a heart beat but personally I'd want the one designed for the scope. (Sure lets wait for JT just saying there is one made specifically for it)

jtischauser

is MGM targets the same MGM Switchview folks? I see that now - Just saying my point is buy the one that is made for it. If MGM made one for the Tac-30 sure do it in a heart beat but personally I'd want the one designed for the scope. (Sure lets wait for JT just saying there is one made specifically for it)

I gotta agree with Brandon here. My MGM Switchview on my Swarovski was built for a different scope and it is not perfect. It moves around my drissel didn't and that was on the tapered TR24 ring. I got a good deal on a switch view certificate so I figured I'd give them another try.

Im open to loyalty, but never at the expense of quality.

rubber band on my toilet paper notwithstanding.

jtischauser

Here are some pictures of the two throw levers. I like the dull finish of the MGM better but the lever is obviously not made for the Tac30. It doesn't have the void in the ring in the optimal spot like the 3 Gun Stuff lever does. So when the scope is on 1X the lever is pointing straight up. When you rotate the lever to the right for 4X the lever is way down by the ejection port. The MGM lever is snug ont he scope ring but due to bot being made specificallt for the Tac30 it wiggels some when you rotate the lever to adjust magnification. I put two layers of electirc tape on the scoep ring then attached the Switchview to firm it up some.

IMG_1288.jpg

Latest posts