Bulding a AR 10

1OKshooter

Well-Known Fanatic
I was browsing the net and came across a company called model1 sales, I was wondering if anybody has bought from them and if there quality is any good, as they are pretty damn cheap.

csiedmond1

Well-Known Fanatic
I bought an at-15 upper kit from them and am very happy with the outcome... I have had no problems with, but I've only shot 350-500 rounds through it...

Dieseltech09

Well-Known Fanatic
What Mike said. If its just going to be a plinker or fun gun they are great. But if you have serious plans for it I think I would invest a little more money

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I have Been wanting to buy one of their 20" 5.45x39 barrels for sometime but never got around to doing so.

copertop80

Well-Known Fanatic
if your gonna build one splurge for the hybrid AR10/G3 receiver. It accepts the G3 mags, I'm unsure of the cost differance but the mag savings will be worth the inital extra costs on the receiver.

Wolf44

Fanatic
Ask around and see who supplies whom with parts.........you may be 'surprised' .

But - i'd go after Mega, LMT, Iron Ridge Arms, etc...

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
Guys - Stay tuned - I'm actually building an AR-10 (LR308) from a Quentin Defense Lower - this thing is awesome!!!!!

I'll have a full review soon.

http://www.boomershooter.com/forums/index.php?/page/index.html/_/reviews/firearm-reviews/quentin-defense-gideon-lr-308-lower-coming-soon-r25

RyanReed

Semi-Pro
308 AR's are so much more expensive to build compared to AR15's. I bought an inexpensive used DPMS & pulled the barrel and handguard. I added a Fulton Armory barrel and JP handguard. So far I am very happy with it. It's just a tad heavier than my Tac Optics rifle and the recoil is not too bad.

DSC_0250.JPG

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
Must be relatively new, I've never remembered seeing it on their site before. Says the upper uses a Krieger barrel.

I had an upper for a while, but decided I didn't want a 24" bull upper at the time, and sold it.

MrTheBigOx

Well-Known Fanatic
308 AR's are so much more expensive to build compared to AR15's. I bought an inexpensive used DPMS & pulled the barrel and handguard. I added a Fulton Armory barrel and JP handguard. So far I am very happy with it. It's just a tad heavier than my Tac Optics rifle and the recoil is not too bad.

DSC_0250.JPG

Man that is cool, I mean real cool

Latest posts